sucik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
help!
i need to know what is phosphate and Sugar' please. in simple term so i can understand, every time when i come across them i got confused to what actually they are, so:
what is phosphate and what is sugar??
username1303391
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sucik)
help!
i need to know what is phosphate and Sugar' please. in simple term so i can understand, every time when i come across them i got confused to what actually they are, so:
what is phosphate and what is sugar??
Phosphate is PO4 (3-). It is an inorganic ion and you would come across it during alevel biology when dealing with ATP ADP and AMP. Sugars are hydrocarbons which are usually used in respiration to provide energy for cells. In biology alevels the common ones are glucose, galactose and fructose. Glucose is the on used in respiration
nicatre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Phosphate is a small ion. It consists of phosphorus with 4 oxygen atoms and has a negative 3 charge: PO4 (3-)

Sugars are a group of molecules. Mostly ring shaped with lots of -OH groups stick out of them. Eg glucose, galactose...

Wiki is your friend
sucik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
is there any different between the sugar we put in our tea and the sugar used in respiration in cells (glucose)?
username1303391
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sucik)
is there any different between the sugar we put in our tea and the sugar used in respiration in cells (glucose)?
No there isn't much difference in the sugar you put in your tea and sugar used in respiration.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sucik)
The sugar that you put in tea is sucrose. It is made of a molecule of glucose and a molecule of fructose joined together .The main sugar that features in respiration is glucose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (117)
58.5%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5%
No- I want it (57)
28.5%
No- I don't want it (16)