Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ppl
    i want to buy a digital camera but cant decide which one between the Sony P10 or Sony P72........ne1 got ne advice from experience or is a Camera expert??

ReputationRep:
    Yes Sony camera's are too expensive for what they do. You're paying into a brand name that when they are much more respectable makes such as Fuji, Nikkon/Olympus out there who make better cemeras for less.

ReputationRep:
    ne cameras u would recommend then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urban_flavaz)
    ne cameras u would recommend then?
    what sort of price are you looking at?

i have a olympus c-310 and it's a really nice little camera.

my parents have the sony dsc-p10 and it is properly gorgeous. although the software that comes with it is isn't as good as the olympus (in my opinion).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    www.morgancomputers.co.uk is a great source for digital cameras. You can buy proper SLR ones for like £200.

ReputationRep:
    I have also always been told that sony cameras are overpriced for what they are.

I would recommend a fuji finepix s5000 if you are looking in the £200 range.

ReputationRep:
    I have a sony p8, slightly less pixels than the p10.

the p72 is quite chunky, the p10 is so small and cool! I love my p8, not at all dissapointed! The build quality is superb, and the pictures look lush!

ReputationRep:
    is it true that the sony cameras like p72 and p10 can hav poor pictures in certain lights and other general faults?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got any other advice or recommendations? plz reply. thanks

ReputationRep:
    is it true that the sony cameras like p72 and p10 can hav poor pictures in certain lights and other general faults?
    The camera i have (p8) is the same pretty much as a p10 and i think the pictures are brilliant i think to an un trained eye (me)

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~osw201/ukl/DSC01050.JPG

That picture was taken at 2.4 mpixels. the p8 goes up to 3.something and the p10 goes higher. (make sure internet explorer doesn't make it small!)

it has night modes etc.

seriously, the p72 is real chunky! get a p8 or 10. better battery aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    The camera i have (p8) is the same pretty much as a p10 and i think the pictures are brilliant i think to an un trained eye (me)

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~osw201/ukl/DSC01050.jpg

That picture was taken at 2.4 mpixels. the p8 goes up to 3.something and the p10 goes higher.

it has night modes etc.
    the p10 has excellent photo quality (in my opinion) and as ollie says it is absalutely gorgeous. and it's 5mpixels.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all ur responses.......i agree that the p72 is chunky and the p10 looks absolutely fab.....i'll probably buy the p10

ReputationRep:
    I think the place with the cheap memory sticks was www.7dayshop.com - 128mb for £21.48 I think, which is pretty nifty. Plus they have a memory stick reader (useful if you cant plug the camera into a computer, or if you dont have the cd) for about £7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyP)
    I think the place with the cheap memory sticks was www.7dayshop.com - 128mb for £21.48 I think, which is pretty nifty. Plus they have a memory stick reader (useful if you cant plug the camera into a computer, or if you dont have the cd) for about £7.
    YOU ARE A STAR!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all ur responses.......i agree that the p72 is chunky and the p10 looks absolutely fab.....i'll probably buy the p10
    lol, now you need to decide how many mega pixels you need, do you really need 5? the p12 has more and the p8 has less.

Also, what colour-mine is blue

ReputationRep:
    hey, so is there really a big difference between 3.2 pixels and 5 pixels (to an untrained eye). I want a camera for pretty normal purposes and have found the P8 which is cheaper than the P10 and the only difference is the pixels. 3.2 pixels is enough isnt it for standard photos?
    P.s. That link for memory sticks is great! Thanks for it!

ReputationRep:
    hey, so is there really a big difference between 3.2 pixels and 5 pixels (to an untrained eye). I want a camera for pretty normal purposes and have found the P8 which is cheaper than the P10 and the only difference is the pixels. 3.2 pixels is enough isnt it for standard photos?
    P.s. That link for memory sticks is great! Thanks for it!
    hell yeah it's enough. plenty. see that photo above, now imagine that quality shrunk onto a small photo! pretty good! smaller images require less pixels so 3.2 is more than enough for standard pictures.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I think I mite buy the p8 then because it is a lot cheaper and i'm on a budget

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.