The Student Room Group

Subject Choice / Uni

I'm into economics and accounting finance jobs and want a job in the future to do with office work. Therefore, I picked these following subjects: business studies, accounting, maths and I wanted to pick economics and my school said was impossible to pick economics and accounting together because they don't have enough teachers crap school tbh and I ended up picking chemistry as my fourth AS. Anyways back to the story what sort of uni courses/jobs can I get with the following AS subjects I picked; chemistry business studies, accounting and maths because the subjects dont really match each other with chemistry. My teacher said it was like picking drama and photography and further maths just doesn't go together.

If anyone can help me and give me advices and answer the question above it would be highly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by foodmanbilal
I'm into economics and accounting finance jobs and want a job in the future to do with office work. Therefore, I picked these following subjects: business studies, accounting, maths and I wanted to pick economics and my school said was impossible to pick economics and accounting together because they don't have enough teachers crap school tbh and I ended up picking chemistry as my fourth AS. Anyways back to the story what sort of uni courses/jobs can I get with the following AS subjects I picked; chemistry business studies, accounting and maths because the subjects dont really match each other with chemistry. My teacher said it was like picking drama and photography and further maths just doesn't go together.

If anyone can help me and give me advices and answer the question above it would be highly appreciated.

Chemistry and Maths complement each other well, and they're facilitating subjects. Both Accounting and Business Studies aren't as well valued so it's good to have core subject to back up your application. Chemistry is a physical science, so it's quite numerate. A lot of Chemistry graduates actually go into the finance sector so it's certainly not the worst thing you could have picked.

You can still pretty much go down the economics, business, accounting, or finance type routes. Maths is the key qualification if you're intending to do anything based on economics.

Quick Reply

Latest