Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My identical twin sister is a perfect 8. I have a thyroid condition though, and am much larger at a 12.

Makes me angry sometimes when ppl try to say we're not even related yet alone twins!

ReputationRep:
    i am size 14
    sometimes i can look crap in sum clothes
    other times i can look really good with a great figure
    my friends are mostly size 8s and 10s this is the same for them
    every1 can look great
    u just hav to chose the right clothes for u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    ok - although not everyone will ignore it. i know too many ppl with eating disorders to ever mess about with jokes about weight (im not havin a got at u tho)
    i'm sorry if people take it the wrong way, but as there was no lower bound i figured most people would ignore it.

actually most people with eating disorders are aware of the unhealthiness of low weight for other people. the biggest lecture i ever had about eating was from my friend who thinks that if she can get to 6 1/2 stone her life will be perfect and she is exactly the same height as me and shouted because i was 7 1/4 stone

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i'm sorry if people take it the wrong way, but as there was no lower bound i figured most people would ignore it.

actually most people with eating disorders are aware of the unhealthiness of low weight for other people. the biggest lecture i ever had about eating was from my friend who thinks that if she can get to 6 1/2 stone her life will be perfect and she is exactly the same height as me and shouted because i was 7 1/4 stone

lou xxx
    I find that people with eating disorders tend to get very shirty if you say to them that you awnt to lose a bit of weight, say that it's so unhealthy and no way should you ever diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Quite a few carved out of stone rugby players would disagree with that
    According to the B.M.I I am 26.2 or something which puts me *just* inside the overweight catagory.

The fact that I run 12-16 miles a week and can bench-press nearly the whole stack is obviously not taken into account!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    According to the B.M.I I am 26.2 or something which puts me *just* inside the overweight catagory.

The fact that I run 12-16 miles a week and can bench-press nearly the whole stack is obviously not taken into account!
    Do free weights!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Quite a few carved out of stone rugby players would disagree with that
    LOL Joey, get on the phone to Lesley Vianakolo - at 6'2 and 17st 7 he is apparantly OBESE.

Quick, someone ring and tell him .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Do free weights!
    I do sometimes although the free weights at my gym are not very good so I usually just stick to the resistance equipment.

ReputationRep:

How much is the whole stack?

ReputationRep:
    100KG or thereabouts. Several reps too!

ReputationRep:

If you are really muscular, then BMI will not be an accurate representation, obviously. Sounds like this is true in your case.

ReputationRep:
    you r only too fat if u have medical problems related to ur weight . if u r a size 20 n feel good about urself then u r nt fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    you r only too fat if u have medical problems related to ur weight . if u r a size 20 n feel good about urself then u r nt fat
    LOL one big problem this country has is people being unfit and overweight. It puts a big drain on the N.H.S. Just because you are ok with yourself does not mean that you are ok!!!

ReputationRep:
    LOL one big problem this country has is people being unfit and overweight. It puts a big drain on the N.H.S. Just because you are ok with yourself does not mean that you are ok!!!
    if sum1 have to go to hospital bcoz sum1 thinks they r too fat then they will get low self esteem n they could start harming themselves might even try suicide

ReputationRep:
    100KG or thereabouts. Several reps too!
    What sort of movement is it? Is it one of those ones where youre sitting upright and pushing out infront of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    If you are really muscular, then BMI will not be an accurate representation, obviously. Sounds like this is true in your case.
    Really muscular...being able to machine bench 100kg isnt really muscular

ReputationRep:
    People who smoke put a big drain on the NHS, people with cancer put a huge drain on the NHS, the whole point of the NHS is to help people with their health problems. Of course it takes up the NHS's resources - thats the whole point.

(Original post by VoodooDoll)
    too fat is when you are damaging your health by being that weight. i'm refraining from answering the poll as i think it is insensitive and will offend a lot of people and make some people feel bad about themselves.
    you do realise that size 16 is usually properly obese
    J

(Original post by imasillynarb)
    People who smoke put a big drain on the NHS, people with cancer put a huge drain on the NHS, the whole point of the NHS is to help people with their health problems. Of course it takes up the NHS's resources - thats the whole point.
    I could rant at you stupid piece of sh*t so easily. This is my biggest rage point. What the **** do you think the NHS was made for? To sort out the mess from people make dickh*ad lifestyle choices? No. It was to cure properly natural diseases like polio, smallpox, vascular diseases. Not social diseases.
    Its a mark of our society that when we solve natural problems we make our own.
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    you do realise that size 16 is usually properly obese
    J
    Depends on height though - if you're short then yes, but if taller then it's not totally obese.

Eeek! Don't get me started on Msoc!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.