The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
blissy
I'm all for allowing people to go commando - I think you'll find it's mainly hygenic people who do ANYWAY.

amen sister
boygenious
is that another lesbian joke?

No a statement of fact. I've never known any woman who's bits smelt bad or fishy - and certainly none who smelt enough to smell from standing next to them....
Reply 162
You get more "waft" from sweaty topless men... :biggrin:
Reply 163
babyballerina
How fat is too fat?

I am basing this on women's UK dress sizes because it doesn't matter so much for men (unfair I know but true. I live in the real world, not an ideal one.)
I don't think you can really judge it by dress size, depending on where I shop over here I can wear anything from a 11 to a 15junior (american sizes), anything over a 12 here would be bordering on overweight, but I don't look overweight. It depends on your build and how your body looks, if your toned and even no problem, if your getting a tad soft and layery well......:biggrin:
Reply 164
Infinity
I don't think you can really judge it by dress size, depending on where I shop over here I can wear anything from a 11 to a 15junior (american sizes), anything over a 12 here would be bordering on overweight, but I don't look overweight. It depends on your build and how your body looks, if your toned and even no problem, if your getting a tad soft and layery well......:biggrin:

Ooh love handles :biggrin:
babyballerina
I feel like everyone is starring at me thinking 'what is that fat girl doing in here?'

You really shouldn't feel like that! Last year I was a size 16 and was overweight and although I had tried to lose weight before I never really had any success. However, after being invited to Spain on a 2wks holidya at my mate's house (and a further week with my parents) I knew I had to be slim. Between Feb and June I lost 1.5stone and became a size 12! I didn't do anything special, like join a gym or weight watchers, I just did 15mins exercise on a exercise bike 6days a week and 50sit-ups every day and reduced my intake of food (I didnt change my diet as such, just reduced portions). I was thrilled with my weight loss and thankfully although putting on a few pounds I am still a size 12 this year. I do plan to try and lose just over another half a stone before uni and try and fit into a size 10.

Please don't think you are too fat!!! I use to be like you, but generally people will think you look fatter if you wear old-fashioned style clothes as it looks like u r really self-concious. Once I started realising that wearing more fashionable clothes made me look confident I felt confident - so what if my thighs were too big! lol. Just wear what you want, who care's what other people think. Besides, I have friends that would love to be a size 14! Good Luck with any weight loss you try but just be happy with yourself! (HUGZ) :smile:
Reply 166
Hoofbeat
You really shouldn't feel like that! Last year I was a size 16 and was overweight and although I had tried to lose weight before I never really had any success. However, after being invited to Spain on a 2wks holidya at my mate's house (and a further week with my parents) I knew I had to be slim. Between Feb and June I lost 1.5stone and became a size 12! I didn't do anything special, like join a gym or weight watchers, I just did 15mins exercise on a exercise bike 6days a week and 50sit-ups every day and reduced my intake of food (I didnt change my diet as such, just reduced portions). I was thrilled with my weight loss and thankfully although putting on a few pounds I am still a size 12 this year. I do plan to try and lose just over another half a stone before uni and try and fit into a size 10.

Please don't think you are too fat!!! I use to be like you, but generally people will think you look fatter if you wear old-fashioned style clothes as it looks like u r really self-concious. Once I started realising that wearing more fashionable clothes made me look confident I felt confident - so what if my thighs were too big! lol. Just wear what you want, who care's what other people think. Besides, I have friends that would love to be a size 14! Good Luck with any weight loss you try but just be happy with yourself! (HUGZ) :smile:
Congrats.
Exellent advice too btw.:smile:
Reply 167
The first step to conquering weight is definitely accepting you have it. Hell, be proud of it! It's a part of you and it means there is more of you! Then you realise that you're quite happy with your body, slim or not. And in my experience the weight just... falls off. Wierd, I now need a belt for 36" jeans when a year ago I'd struggle to get in a 40". But I don't mind if it comes and goes, and that's the most important thing.
Reply 168
piginapoke
Quite, and the female version is called 'fanny batter' I believe.

LOL
Reply 169
blissy
Can I refer you to my previous post. You would not be able smell someone's genitals, pants or not. It would be natural to walk around totally starkers anyway. I'm all for allowing people to go commando - I think you'll find it's mainly hygenic people who do ANYWAY.

I just think its unhygenic thats all, I mean underwear was invented for a reason - male or female. However, especially female due to the nature of the genitalia...
imasillynarb
You, are a retard. Not only did you try to dismiss my point as being stupid, but you made an equally stupid comment yourself. For a start, diseases like polio and smallpox are all but non existant in modern day britain. Perhaps more importantly though, by leading a healthy lifestyle your chances of contracting these diseases are so much less than someone who doesnt, so contracting these diseases is also down to 'lifestyle choices' as you put it.
So then that begs the question as to what the NHS is actually there for..well, maybe you might think something like car accidents? Well is driving cars also not a lifestyle choice?

AHHHHHHHHHHH.
IT really galls me people have these kind of atitudes. Did the diseases just stop? NO. Microbioligists, virologists, doctors worked their arses off to get rid of them.
Do you think we're safe?
Course not.
All it needs is one journalist to claim polio vaccine causes MS (everything is linked to MS nowadays) and people would stop getting their kids immunised. After all " all but non existant in modern day britain". Then one Nigerian immigrant worker in a kitchen doesn't wash his hands and bam, you have full on epidemic sweeping through the city paralysing and killing tonnes of people.
"contracting these diseases is also down to 'lifestyle choices' as you put it" bulls***. You will reduce your chances of getting ill a stupidly small amount with most diseases. You might get the sniffles less often, and have less chance of things like heart attack, stroke etc but infectious diseases don't care if you are fat or thin.
Do you realise that there are over 70 oncologists in this country who work soley on throat and lung cancers. (over 75% of which are due to smoking).
There are 12 virologists in the entire UK working on influenza. Not only is that threatening to go pandemic anytime soon, but even if it doesn't it kills tens of thousands of people each year.

"If an outbreak of West Nile Virus kills 5000 out of 10000 infected people run for the hills. If 50,000 out of 10 million die of influenza no one notices. People are only scared when they think they have less than 50% chance of survival"
J
Pencil Queen
And I can honestly say I've never experienced a women who smelt/tasted fishy :rolleyes:

You want to find some girls who wash Maskall

:redface:
My 2 cents:
Thongs rule, in or out of sight.
Smelly men suck, so do smelly women (but men smell so much more often).
Foolfarian and Maskall, give it up.
Ta-dah!
Reply 173
suspicious_fish
My 2 cents:
Thongs rule, in or out of sight.
Smelly men suck, so do smelly women (but men smell so much more often).
Foolfarian and Maskall, give it up.
Ta-dah!

Thongs in sight don't rule! Well unless there's nothing else on :wink:
Reply 174
foolfarian
AHHHHHHHHHHH.
IT really galls me people have these kind of atitudes. Did the diseases just stop? NO. Microbioligists, virologists, doctors worked their arses off to get rid of them.
Do you think we're safe?
Course not.
All it needs is one journalist to claim polio vaccine causes MS (everything is linked to MS nowadays) and people would stop getting their kids immunised. After all " all but non existant in modern day britain". Then one Nigerian immigrant worker in a kitchen doesn't wash his hands and bam, you have full on epidemic sweeping through the city paralysing and killing tonnes of people.
"contracting these diseases is also down to 'lifestyle choices' as you put it" bulls***. You will reduce your chances of getting ill a stupidly small amount with most diseases. You might get the sniffles less often, and have less chance of things like heart attack, stroke etc but infectious diseases don't care if you are fat or thin.
Do you realise that there are over 70 oncologists in this country who work soley on throat and lung cancers. (over 75% of which are due to smoking).
There are 12 virologists in the entire UK working on influenza. Not only is that threatening to go pandemic anytime soon, but even if it doesn't it kills tens of thousands of people each year.

"If an outbreak of West Nile Virus kills 5000 out of 10000 infected people run for the hills. If 50,000 out of 10 million die of influenza no one notices. People are only scared when they think they have less than 50% chance of survival"
J

Im not going to get into the whole medicine debate but, medicine and religion are pretty similar in the amount of bullshit that is involved in both.

Im not debating that obese people and smokers do put a large strain on the NHS, but the NHS most deals with incidents, illnesses and diseases that are brought about by lifestyle choices. Have you ever eaten a chocolate bar? Sorry, but the saturated fat in them has helped to thin your arteries and when youre suffering from hypertension well refuse to treat you because its your fault. That doesnt make sense, and you know it. Whats your bodyfat% like? I bet its at a so called 'unhealthy' level.

I also dont believe you realise how widespread obesity is, and how many people smoke. Infact Id go as far as to say that if youre not obese, then youre a smoker. Having been in the situation of seeing large crowds of people entering something like a concert hall I can tell you there are ALOT of 'fat' people around these days. You cant refuse to treat these people, they are not less worthy of treatment than you are.
Reply 175
My, you are a silly narb aren't you?
Reply 176
imasillynarb
Infact Id go as far as to say that if youre not obese, then youre a smoker.

Steady now, I'm neither. If cannabis and overweightedness doesn't count as smoking and obesity.
Reply 177
ZJuwelH
Steady now, I'm neither. If cannabis and overweightedness doesn't count as smoking and obesity.

Being overweight counts as being 'unhealthy' and therefore youre one of the people straining the NHS according to whatever that person who im arguing with name is..
Reply 178
blissy
My, you are a silly narb aren't you?

Feel free to elaborate
Reply 179
piginapoke
Cannabis + munchies = fat belly :frown:

isn't it more cannabis = munchies = fat belly :frown:

Latest