The Student Room Group

Anthropology applicants 2015

So who else is applying for any variation of Anthropology for September 2015 entry? And if so, where are you planning to apply? I only know one other person in my year applying for it and most people I tell have never heard of it!

Scroll to see replies

Me ! I am planning to apply to Bristol, Sussex, Manchester, LSE, Durham. How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by aiminazri
Me ! I am planning to apply to Bristol, Sussex, Manchester, LSE, Durham. How about you?

Awesome! I'm applying to Durham and Bristol as well, along with Kent and Exeter. I'm not sure about the fifth choice, maybe Edinburgh or Sussex.

What kind of Anthropology are you applying for?
Social Anthropology.
I have an unconditional offer from LJMU to study Forensic Anthropology :]
Hello everyone!

I'm applying to UCL, SOAS, Durham, Sussex and Birmingham
I'm a mix of social and biological anthropology.:smile:
Original post by Hereicome
I have an unconditional offer from LJMU to study Forensic Anthropology :]

Wow ! That's great.
I'll be applying to Durham, UCL, Oxford and Manchester to do Archaeology and Anthropology!
Reply 8
Original post by perphation
I'll be applying to Durham, UCL, Oxford and Manchester to do Archaeology and Anthropology!

Wow good luck, especially with the Oxford application! Btw what college in Durham did you apply for?
Reply 9
I have applied for Cambridge, LSE, Bristol, Durham and Manchester who have just given me an offer (ABB).

Good luck to everyone applying.
Original post by FunsoFH
Wow good luck, especially with the Oxford application! Btw what college in Durham did you apply for?

I applied to Castle but I understand that it's heavily oversubscribed so my chances of getting into the college itself is pretty slim, but I'm still applying to try my luck out since your college choice at Durham doesn't really affect your chances of getting into Durham itself anyway.
Original post by Peiface
I have applied for Cambridge, LSE, Bristol, Durham and Manchester who have just given me an offer (ABB).

Good luck to everyone applying.

How long ago did you put your application in? (Waiting to hear from Manchester!)
I sent my application in today, to Durham, Manchester, Birmingham, Exeter and UEA!
Reply 13
Original post by megankate_
How long ago did you put your application in? (Waiting to hear from Manchester!)

september 30, it took two weeks. Bristol have now also given me one, at ABB too. im sure that you get offers soon. Good luck.
Reply 14
repeatedly explaining what anthropology is to various people (and teachers) is getting a lil dry. i've applied yesterday for ucl, soas, lse, brunel, and sussex with predicted a*ab. anyone else applying to brunel???
Reply 15
Original post by kokabel
repeatedly explaining what anthropology is to various people (and teachers) is getting a lil dry. i've applied yesterday for ucl, soas, lse, brunel, and sussex with predicted a*ab. anyone else applying to brunel???

Ikr? I just say 'its the study of humans' and leave it at that; and no not Brunel, I am applying to Sussex though. I know it's early days but have you heard anything back from any of them yet?
I've applied to UCL, Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews and Bristol (Liberal Arts rather than anthropology at Bristol). I've already received an offer from UCL, but without having to do the test or send in written work like they say you have to - so worrying about whether my offer is actually legit! Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by EllieW784
I've applied to UCL, Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews and Bristol (Liberal Arts rather than anthropology at Bristol). I've already received an offer from UCL, but without having to do the test or send in written work like they say you have to - so worrying about whether my offer is actually legit! Has this happened to anyone else?

How long did it take for UCL to respond?
Original post by perphation
How long did it take for UCL to respond?

I sent off my UCAS on around the 6th October because my college were really insistent about getting it done and they responded on the 15th, I think it was quicker because it got sent off a while before the rush on the 15th Oxbridge deadline so they had time to look at it before they had loads coming in
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EllieW784
I sent off my UCAS on around the 6th October because my college were really insistent about getting it done and they responded on the 15th, I think it was quicker because it got sent off a while before the rush on the 15th Oxbridge deadline so they had time to look at it before they had loads coming in

Ah, okay. I sent it off about a week after you did, but I suppose my application might take longer because I applied for both archaeology and anthropology. :/

Quick Reply

Latest