The Student Room Group

Anthropology applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kokabel
it's my top choice and i've gotten two offers so far and not even an acknowledgement from soas :s-smilie:

I called them up recently to change my combination and they said that they haven't even looked at them yet and that its still too early. So I'm guessing we're going to be waiting for at least a month. :/
Reply 41
Original post by ILovePancakes
Thank you and good luck with all of yours!

St. Cuthbert's :smile: you?

Ah thanks and I'm applying to Josephine Butler :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by Eleonore
Hey!
I've applied for anthropolology and biological anthropology at kent, and only anthr at brunel,oxford brookes and durham with a foundation year.
My teachers are sending my application tomorrow hopefully!

Good luck! Kent is supposed to be really good for Anthropology (I'm applying there and to Durham too btw) :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by AminaHastings
I called them up recently to change my combination and they said that they haven't even looked at them yet and that its still too early. So I'm guessing we're going to be waiting for at least a month. :/

christ almighty
tbh their admin is notoriously bad but their course is reaaaally good its painful waiting
Reply 44
Original post by perphation
Ooh, what are your two offers?

kent for abb and sussex have Yet To Submit A Formal Offer Via UCAS, As They Are Updating Their IT Systems or something but admissions tutor emailed and i definitely have a place
where have you applied ??
Original post by kokabel
kent for abb and sussex have Yet To Submit A Formal Offer Via UCAS, As They Are Updating Their IT Systems or something but admissions tutor emailed and i definitely have a place
where have you applied ??

Oxford, UCL, LSE, Manchester and Durham, who gave me an offer less than an hour before Track shut down for maintenance. UCL's currently looking at my application so I suppose I'll get a reply soon...ish?
Original post by FunsoFH
Good luck! Kent is supposed to be really good for Anthropology (I'm applying there and to Durham too btw) :smile:

Oooh that's good! Kent is definitely my first choice !:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got an offer from UCL?
Original post by avocadopear
Anyone got an offer from UCL?

Just got one two days ago!
Reply 49
Hellooo! I've applied for Social Anthropology/ Anthropology with Sociology. I've applied to Manchester, UEA, Queens Belfast, Edinburgh and Bournemouth. I have offers from Manchester, UEA and Queens :biggrin:
Original post by Isabeljb
Hellooo! I've applied for Social Anthropology/ Anthropology with Sociology. I've applied to Manchester, UEA, Queens Belfast, Edinburgh and Bournemouth. I have offers from Manchester, UEA and Queens :biggrin:

Ah cool - I have an offer from Manc & UEA Roo 😊😊 what course are you applying for at UEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by MercedesAnjelica
Ah cool - I have an offer from Manc & UEA Roo ������������ what course are you applying for at UEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, well done! Social anthropology, politics and international development with overseas, how about you?
Original post by perphation
Just got one two days ago!

ahh congratulations :smile:
Does anybody know the amount/type of written work they require for HSPS? I can't seem to find any specific info on the website, I've emailed the college I'm applying to (Jesus) about it but have got no reply, and I think work needs to be in by the 10th November? I know it needs to be an original marked piece of work, but apart from that I'm clueless... anyone have any ideas?
Original post by Isabeljb
Nice, well done! Social anthropology, politics and international development with overseas, how about you?

Yeah same! (But not overseas experience)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an offer to study anthropology and African studies at Birmingham and an offer for anthropology and international development at Sussex! :smile:
Reply 56
Hello, everyone! The situation is the following. I am a mature student, aiming to study anthropology in places like UCL, LSE and Manchester next year. I have 2 As in French and Maths and I need at least a B in another subject. I have 2 Cs in Further Maths and Physics (was thinking about doing maths at uni before). I was thinking about doing psychology or sociology for A-level. Does anyone have any experience in these two? Does it makes sense to do resists of further Maths and physics or try a new subject? Thanks very much in advance.
Original post by Heligo
Hello, everyone! The situation is the following. I am a mature student, aiming to study anthropology in places like UCL, LSE and Manchester next year. I have 2 As in French and Maths and I need at least a B in another subject. I have 2 Cs in Further Maths and Physics (was thinking about doing maths at uni before). I was thinking about doing psychology or sociology for A-level. Does anyone have any experience in these two? Does it makes sense to do resists of further Maths and physics or try a new subject? Thanks very much in advance.

Hey!

I do both sociology and psychology, and they do overlap in some areas such as research methods. They are easier to do well in than maths and physics. (Make sure you like writing essays)
:smile:
Reply 58
Original post by AminaHastings
Hey!

I do both sociology and psychology, and they do overlap in some areas such as research methods. They are easier to do well in than maths and physics. (Make sure you like writing essays)
:smile:

Thanks very much for your reply!

do you think psychology is doable for the 2015 exam season? What would you recommend in terms of exam board and reading?
Original post by Heligo
Thanks very much for your reply!

do you think psychology is doable for the 2015 exam season? What would you recommend in terms of exam board and reading?

The AQA A psychology board is really good! I don't know how the 2015 exam season will be. But the normal cat and dog textbook for AS & A2 in psychology is brilliant. If you really want to apply for anthropology this year you can retake at least some modules in physics this June, since starting psychology and sociology would take you two years because of the change up.

Good luck on your decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending