The Student Room Group

Is BTEC important?

In my school, ICT BTEC is compulsory. First, I was quite excited, because I enjoy learning about how computers work and how to code. However, I quickly find out that we are going to analyse websites and design our own without any programming (and I hate design!)

Moreover, my teacher is awful and shout at us all the time. I can't work with such distraction, so I will need to do all the coursework at home. Therefore I am planning to get just a Pass in ICT and forget about it.

But I want to do Computer Science at A-level, and only a Pass in ICT may let me down during the admission process... Do sixth forms/universities look at BTEC qualifications? How important are they?

Thank you for answering!
P.s. sorry for any grammar/punctuation mistakes, English is not my strongest subject...
Im my school a Merit was needed in BTEC ICT to do any ICT related subject in sixth form. To be honest BTECs are fairly easy if you get the work done you can get a Distinction. I did BTEC Media and it was my doss lesson (easiest) and I got Distinction* but I rarely tell anyone that as it seems no one cares because its a BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest