The Student Room Group

2 weeks between dates?

Met a nice guy a few days ago & he asked for my number and when we could meet again. He then texted a day later asking the same thing, and I suggested a date two weeks from him now. However, is 2 weeks too long to keep the momentum going? We got on very well when we met, but I don't want to upset that by leaving it too long to see each other again.

Should I suggest coffee this weekend before our date next weekend, or would that come across as too keen? Any advice would be most welcome! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by *Supernova*
Met a nice guy a few days ago & he asked for my number and when we could meet again. He then texted a day later asking the same thing, and I suggested a date two weeks from him now. However, is 2 weeks too long to keep the momentum going? We got on very well when we met, but I don't want to upset that by leaving it too long to see each other again.

Should I suggest coffee this weekend before our date next weekend, or would that come across as too keen? Any advice would be most welcome! :smile:

I never understand stuff like this.

Sure, people get anxious and fear rejection when they don't know that someone likes them, but in your case, you know that you like him and that he likes you!

He's probably sitting there thinking the same thing - so just ask him! The probability that something "bad" will happen is pretty low.

Besides, you clearly are "keen" - pointless hiding your personality forever just to try and make him like you more!

If I were in your situation I wouldnt leave it that late I think 2 weeks if a bit to much if you both like each other. I suggest you go out with him somewhere before your date like you could for a coffee like you said or just chill out togther at your place or his place if you can I undrstant it might be hard of you live with parents but you should go do something this weekend. Hope it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know some people who have had only two hrs between dates much less two weeks :s-smilie:
^^after only reading title.

After reading post:

No. Just keep in touch, keep him interested. The date might even be better like less awkward once you're more acquainted. Good luck with the boy, eh :wink:

2 weeks does seem a bit long for a first date - what the hell was going through your head? or are you just busy those two weeks?

I asked my GF out on our first date after 4-5 days of talking over the phone and texting.

If I was you I'd just say that things sort of cleared up and you're not as busy as you were before, and that you both could go do something in a weeks time?

If he's the worried, shy type, he's probably stressing about it. If he's the cocky, full of confidence type, he's probably kept his options open.
Reply 5
Thank you all very much for your replies. Very interesting to hear your opinions! I've texted suggested we fit in a coffee between now & then if he's free, so just waiting to hear what he says. Thanks again!
lol kids nowadays. do ur thing

Woah, this is almost like reading the other side of a recent date of mine because what you describe is exactly what happened to me, but I was the guy.

When she said 2 weeks later to a second date, I was honestly a bit suspicious. I don't know if she genuinely doesn't have any time at all during the weekend to meet up or if she's just looking for excuses for putting me off until later and letting me down gently.

I hope the 2nd date does come but I'm not holding my breath for it. I think 2 weeks between dates is a bit too much, especially at the start. If it was between date number 6 and 7 then fine, but not 1 and 2.
Reply 8
I don't think it mean she's not keen necessarily. I mean, I said 2 weeks and I'm keen! Good luck. :smile:
2 weeks? What's wrong with the uni bar, tomorrow at 8pm?

If you like people just get on with it.
Original post by snakesnake
Woah, this is almost like reading the other side of a recent date of mine because what you describe is exactly what happened to me, but I was the guy.

When she said 2 weeks later to a second date, I was honestly a bit suspicious. I don't know if she genuinely doesn't have any time at all during the weekend to meet up or if she's just looking for excuses for putting me off until later and letting me down gently.

I hope the 2nd date does come but I'm not holding my breath for it. I think 2 weeks between dates is a bit too much, especially at the start. If it was between date number 6 and 7 then fine, but not 1 and 2.

date number 6 and 7, lol.

Mate, if its gets to date 4 and you're not already bashing her back doors in, you're wasting your time.
My partner and I waited 2 weeks between meeting and 1st date! But that was due to it being deadline season. And the long distance between us haha.

We texted a bit in between and had a phonecall to keep things going in between. But it was almost nice for the anticipation to build up. (3 years and an engagement down the line Id say it didnt hurt to wait!)

Saying that, ive had guys where its fizzled out after 3 days between meeting and 1st date! Just because weve not had a great connection to start with.
I think coffee is a good idea, but if he cant make it its not the end of the world x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cole-slaw
date number 6 and 7, lol.

Mate, if its gets to date 4 and you're not already bashing her back doors in, you're wasting your time.

That's probably where I've been going wrong all this time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending