How do you care for your lips? (Guys) Watch

Joyful_soul
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So that they are handsome, smooth and healthy?
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Occasionally lick them a bit..
dire wolf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is why I wish that I'd been born in the Pleistocene.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol care for lips? are u a girl?
+ polarity -
Report 4 years ago
Carmex but only when I go out

sugary drinks work too :proud:
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
erm at work I used to have lipsil (my entire team had lipsil) but that's not for cosmetic reasons - our lips just got chapped bloody quickly because we had to put our faces under tiles, to put some cables in

But other than that I don't really bother??

Basically I only get lipsil when my lips are chapped - and I get lipsil over the cheaper stuff because it "tastes" better lol
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not a guy (it has been debated recently) but still I shall post!

Also, before I begin I'll be talking about the body/skin in general a lot. Everything here applies to lips. It's everything I do and my skin (and lips especially!) is unusually soft. I know this because literally everyone who has touched it since I started doing this stuff has commented on it.

Spoilering this because my love of sunflower oil made me go a little wild in recommending it, so now I feel compelled to spoiler it. :innocent:

Spoiler:
Show

- Drink water! Stay hydrated! If nothing else, make sure you keep hydrated! That's the greatest thing you can do for your body as well as your lips!

- Don't bother with Vaseline. It's great while it's on your lips, but when it dries (or rubs off or whatever happens to make it go) lips just go back to the state they were in. At least that's what I've noticed. Different people might say different things based on their own experiences and I'm no different. I only use the stuff when I wear lipstick just because it's not as solid as lip balms so it doesn't take so much lipstick off when I put it on. I should really stop talking about lipstick.

- MOISTURISE!!!!!!! No one cares what moisturiser you use. It can be Tesco Value baby lotion or some bloody expensive reindeer blood or whatever **** they're passing off as beauty products today, just make sure you moisturise!

- Quality of moisturiser is what matters the most and studies (can't reference because I saw them on documentaries ages ago) have shown that price and brand is the worst indicator for quality. What you want is something HIGH in vitamin E. I personally use sunflower oil because it's dirt cheap, it's really ****ing amazing and most important of all, I can share it with my 18 month old nephew who has the most delicate skin. I first started using it when I suffered from a really severe case of hives (idiopathic urticaria EVERYWHERE on my body which lasted ~9 weeks) back in Febuary, March and April. I bought a 1L bottle back then and now, 6-8 months later there's well over 1/3 of the bottle left. My nephew and I use A LOT throughout the week. :teeth: I put it in spray bottles just because it's easier to spray from a little bottle than pour from a huge one. A little goes a really long way,, and it's so difficult to get just a little when you're pouring from such a huge bottle. I can go on about this all day just because it really is that amazing. Think about all the benefits you hear about using olive oil on the skin. Sunflower is exactly the same but according to another study I came across ages ago, it's been shown to be better than olive oil for the skin. From personal experience with my nephew, I have actually seen this. We used to lather olive oil on his skin because it was freakishly dry, but that oil did **** all. It wasn't until I started converting my family to sunflower oil that we really started noticing a difference in his skin. It made a HUGE difference. I even use it on my hair and face. I love the stuff. Can't recommend it enough. :love: If you use it then I would say put it on your face before you sleep and on your body straight after you shower/bathe, while your body is still a little wet. The reason for this is because it's thick.
TL;DR USE SUNFLOWER OIL!!!!!!!!!!

- If you have dead skin (I think it's dead skin? ) on your lips you can use the sugar/olive (or sunflower!) oil/toothbrush method to exfoliate. I'm too lazy for this. I personally prefer licking my lips and softening the skin like that and then rubbing it with tissue/towel/cloth/clothes. Usually I just go for my sleeve because, well, I'm lazy.

- I haven't said much about lip balms. I only use them for their colour and flavour. If you're not bothered about either then just use sunflower oil. I bought one of these little babies so I can carry my oil in my bag so if my lips are ever dry (which never happens because I do all of the above muahahaha :eviltongue:) then I just spray a little on my finger and spread it on my lips like a maniac. :grin:

Can't think of any more so this is it for now! :borat:

TL;DR Keep hydrated and use sunflower oil instead of any other product to moisturise!!

When I say moisturise, I'm not talking about your body, I'm talking about your lips! But all of this is highly recommended for body too!
a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I use lip balm forgot what it's called but it's good. Always smooth & never cracked
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vaseline, simples.. but only when they are very dry/cracked which happens after I continuously lick my lips :laugh:
aka r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
vaseline

cocoa butter is my favourite
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't need to because there is nothing wrong with me that means I have to.

For 100,000 years mankind has survived and thrived without moisturising. What changed?
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Joyful_soul)
So that they are handsome, smooth and healthy?
Handsome lips?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (23)
12.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (16)
8.42%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (43)
22.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (28)
14.74%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (24)
12.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (56)
29.47%

Watched Threads