The Student Room Group

Theology applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for Theology and Religious Studies at Nottingham, Sheffield, Exeter, Manchester and Kent :smile:
At AS Level I got AACD (not my best!) and am predicted A*AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for Theology and Religion at Oxford ( St Peter's), King's, Edinburgh, SOAS and Bristol.
I attained 5A*and 4A at GCSE.
I've already completed my A-Levels in Pre-U, English Literature, Politics and History, for which I attained A*AAA ( respectively).
Incidentally, part of my Pre-u dissertation covered religious sectarianism in Lebanon and to what extent one could deem it resonant in a post civil-war society.
I'm currently on a gap year and I'm doing an intensive one year A level in Religious Studies and a GCSE in French. I'm predicted an A* in both subjects.
I've so far received an unconditional from Bristol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by helpplease:)
Hi everyone, I was just wondering what everyone's average UMS was and what people were doing to prepare for interview etc?

I have a UMS average of 94.5 percent and I got an interview at Clare, Cambridge. I am just going to read some books I think
Nottingham gave me an ABB offer last night
Original post by oonaghs7
Yeah Edinburgh have been super quiet, and I'm really not banking on a Cambs interview, its so competitive and I am over the moon with Durham now anyway

Edinburgh don't start relaying offers until at least January. I think all Scottish universities are like that, which sucks because I applied to two! (Edinburgh and Aberdeen). Congrats for Durham!
Hi! I'm applying for Theology and Religion at Oxford (St John's), Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Lancaster (Religious Studies) and I'm predicted A*A*A in English Lit, Sociology and RS.
So far I have a reduced offer from Lancaster and an interview from Leeds! :smile:
Original post by tanyasharon
Edinburgh don't start relaying offers until at least January. I think all Scottish universities are like that, which sucks because I applied to two! (Edinburgh and Aberdeen). Congrats for Durham!

Really, January? Oh well, I've also gone for those 2 Scottish ones :smile:
I received an offer for Religion, Politics and Society King's College London tonight!

Decided to apply for it instead of Theology at Durham.
Reply 68
I've got an interview at Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauzjw
I've got an interview at Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, which college? I have one at St John's! 😄
Reply 70
Original post by ffion-siaaan
Congratulations, which college? I have one at St John's! 😄

Congrats!! Christ Church!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauzjw
Congrats!! Christ Church!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! I got an interview from Oxford (St John's) today!
Just got an interview at St Peter's!
Original post by RichardArmstrong
Really, January? Oh well, I've also gone for those 2 Scottish ones :smile:

Yep! & did you apply for straight theology? Which other universities did you apply to?
Yep! & did you apply for straight theology? Which other universities did you apply to?

I applied for the straight Theology MA at Edinburgh :smile: Aberdeen is the straight Divinity MA...
I also applied to Nottingham, King's College London and University College London (Jewish History, probably be firm)

Got the offer from Aberdeen last Wednesday, they seemed to be dishing out quite a few that day. Did you hear from them?
Any news from Edinburgh? It seems to be the case that they're taking their sweet time with the bulk of applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for the straight Theology MA at Edinburgh :smile: Aberdeen is the straight Divinity MA...
I also applied to Nottingham, King's College London and University College London (Jewish History, probably be firm)

Got the offer from Aberdeen last Wednesday, they seemed to be dishing out quite a few that day. Did you hear from them?

Congrats! I got an offer from Aberdeen yesterday, and I think I'll make it my insurance choice.. I do live 8 hours away from Aberdeen though so I'll be terrified being so far away (if I do go😁) I should probably visit the university first though lol
Congrats! I got an offer from Aberdeen yesterday, and I think I'll make it my insurance choice.. I do live 8 hours away from Aberdeen though so I'll be terrified being so far away (if I do go������) I should probably visit the university first though lol

Ah nice going! Well done :smile:

Yeah I'm gonna copy you and go insurance with Aberdeen also
Well it's an adventure, are you from around London? I'm from N.I, so at least you don't have to get wet to get there haha...

Yes that would be helpful, I went on a bit of a Scottish university road trip with a few friends in the summer, and I wouldn't have chosen Aberdeen only for that visit.
It's not just that the staff were dead friendly, but the uni itself is quite quaint, with a good few centuries behind it, nice spot :smile: like it's own little 'mini-village-campus' within the city.
Original post by govpol123
Any news from Edinburgh? It seems to be the case that they're taking their sweet time with the bulk of applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just received an offer from Edinburgh for the MA Theology... cannot believe they gave me it: BBB!
Cannot believe it's so low, I was expecting AAB!
Reply 79
Just received an offer from Edinburgh for the MA Theology... cannot believe they gave me it: BBB!
Cannot believe it's so low, I was expecting AAB!

me too! wonder why it was so low??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending