The Student Room Group

Drama at uni with 240 UCAS points?

Hey guys
The title pretty much says it i guess
I'm currently on a gap year after a year of applying to only drama schools and although i received 2 recalls i never got a place unfortunately! So this year aswell as applying to drama schools I've decided to go for universities as well. My grades for A2 were BCD (240 UCAS points) and so far Im planning to apply to: Kent - after being persuaded by someone from their drama department encouraging me to apply
Coventry - CCC or equivalent needed
Falmouth - 260 points needed however its still possible to get in with less on individual merit
Finally Royal Central - for their applied theatre course

Im still one short so i dont suppose anyone knows any others? Ive tried taking a look but i cant seem to find any decent ones! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!
Just remember that 'Acting' is different to 'Drama' as a subject.
Degrees in Drama do not teach you to act - they are about studying Drama as an academic subject. Acting, Theatre Studies, Performance Studies etc are more practical and will actually teach you some technique needed to work as a performer.

Acting degrees at Trinity Saint David (Wales), Uni of East London, Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA), Drama Studies at Roehampton, or Performance courses at Winchester or Manchester Met are within your grasp. Don't even think about going to Coventry - its awful and any Arts degree from there is utterly worthless.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
Just remember that 'Acting' is different to 'Drama' as a subject.
Degrees in Drama do not teach you to act - they are about studying Drama as an academic subject. Acting, Theatre Studies, Performance Studies etc are more practical and will actually teach you some technique needed to work as a performer.

Acting degrees at Trinity Saint David (Wales), Uni of East London, Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA), Drama Studies at Roehampton, or Performance courses at Winchester or Manchester Met are within your grasp. Don't even think about going to Coventry - its awful and any Arts degree from there is utterly worthless.

Thank you! I decided to go for LIPA and Winchester(As Kent didnt work out) at the end. Yeah I tried looking for the acting ones which is why I went for Falmouth and Coventry. Just out of curiosity why do you say no to Coventry? I just spoke to someone in their second year of the Theatre and Professional Practice course and they said they love it which is also why I applied!
Because no-one in the theatre profession will take you even remotely seriously. There is no point doing a course that wont actually get you a job. Coventry is good at Auto-Engineering. That is ALL. The campus is awful and Coventry itself is a dump.

Quick Reply

Latest