The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Feeling lonely

Since joining university, I've been loving the experience but I miss having a close friend and a bunch of friends to go out with. So far i've experienced alot of bitchy girls it's like being back at school.

If anyone's feeling the same or alittle left out, I'm happy to chat:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by tgirl18
Since joining university, I've been loving the experience but I miss having a close friend and a bunch of friends to go out with. So far i've experienced alot of bitchy girls it's like being back at school.

If anyone's feeling the same or alittle left out, I'm happy to chat:smile:

I take it you're a first year? So you've only been here a few weeks?

The close friends will come. You'll keep meeting new people either through your course or halls (if you're staying in them). I totally get the bitchy girls comment. I always heard people say girls were worse than boys but I never truly believed it until my 1st year in halls when I would witness constant bitching and backstabbing.

In my first year it took me quite a while to figure out who I was going to be good friends with, I think this is because in the first few weeks most people feel the same and are nervous about making new friends. I just made a bit of an effort to speak to lots of people to see who I "clicked" with (if that makes sense). During my time at university my circle of friends has constantly changed, I mean the core close friends I made in 1st year I am still close with but then
there's people who I was friends with in 1st year but barely speak to now. Heck, even in my 3rd year now I'm still meeting new people.

I'm sure you'll get that close bunch of friends soon enough :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Hey I'm also a first year! I'm doing Software Engineering, I definitely understand the feeling of a 'high school' mentality here, a lot of people seem to like to gossip etc.

I've met some awesome people but yeah I get lonely quite a bit down here, back at home I had 2/3 mega close friends and that was my social circle, but here I seem to have a lot of not so close friends.

I also get the annoyance of people thinking that because I like my solitude that there's something wrong with me so they pester me, quite annoying...

Anyways, if you wanna chat or something, send us a PM :smile: We're in the same boat after all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending