errors carried forward Watch

This discussion is closed.
kebab22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
does anyone know whether or not you will get marks for a question answered if its a proof and works with the incorrect answer you obtained from the previous question. Even if the proof works on different principles to the proof with the correct answer?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you have compleetly confufled me.

if you make a mistake on a question and use the answer on another question. you will only loose the initial marks.

if you do a proof wrong, you should use the correct answre, that you were trying to prove in the next part. if you couldnt prove something then used your answer again, then you'll loose the marks again.

love Katy ***
kebab22
Rep:
?
no you see, you have to prove that a particel is doing something after it collides with something else. there is no given answer to prove, i proved that it did do what they said but as i used what i found to be an incorrect premis initially, do i lose all my marks for the proof itself?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
as long as you proved something, they'l lprobably give you the marks, if it was worth 7 or 8 they may take 1 mark off if they even notice you made a msitake.

i wouldnt worry

love Katy ***
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Geerally if you make a mistake in the proof, and carry on assuming that mistake, then it would invalidate the proof. The examiners give a mark for a correct line. It would be unusual to make a mistake and be able to prove anything, anyway.
kebab22
Rep:
?
yeah i think you're right. the only thing is though, is that the mistake was simply carried from a previous part to a question. and yes it just so happened that with the miostake it was possible to prove what they asked
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise