The Student Room Group

why do we love the wrong ones?

Recently i have been watching one of my friends go through something very sad.

A year ago she met a guy and they hit itoff right away. However after a couple of meet ups he admitted he was still into his ex and wanted to see if he could salvage the old relationship, citing he had just met my friend at the wrong time. He was going through a bad time personally too. My friend stood by him, supported him, listens to him whenever he needs her, helps him out whenever she can - she shows him respect and unconditional love that he seems to crave and look for in other people, yet he doesn't seem to see it. He 's still hung up on a girl who flirts on her terms, blows hot and cold, has never really gotten to know him the way my friend has. He confides everything in my friend and respects her opinions so much it's almost crazy. she's no fool, she has started seeing someone else in the last 6 months, but shes always there for the other guy.

Why do we seem to chase the people who push us away, yet completely overlook the people who are everything we could ever want and need. I think this guy is a fool for not sticking with my friend- it's like everything he goes on about wanting is right there infront of his eyes ; talking to him, supporting him every day and he just never sees it...

anyone else experienced this?
If your friend is happy in her new relationship then thats great, however, her feelings for this other guy could ruin that. Perhaps she should try talking to him less so he realises how much he needs her. You always appreciate what you have when its gone. xo

Quick Reply

Latest