The Student Room Group

Realistic Uni Choices?

I got AABC at AS in maths physics biology and chemistry. I dropped Chemistry for A2.
My uni choices are Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Manchester and the 5th one would probably be Brunel. Not sure yet.
Are these choices realistic?
Thanks
All opinions are greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
What are you applying for? I think you'll be alright. Imperial could completely go either way but i'm guessing that will involve an interview so you're in control of that [as much as you can be]. Also, assuming your predictions line up with the typical offers, but in terms of AS grades I think they are a fair set.
Reply 2
Original post by Nymthae
What are you applying for? I think you'll be alright. Imperial could completely go either way but i'm guessing that will involve an interview so you're in control of that [as much as you can be]. Also, assuming your predictions line up with the typical offers, but in terms of AS grades I think they are a fair set.

Thanks for your reply.
I want to do Mechanical engineering
Reply 3
Imperial Mech engg. seems pretty unlikely but not impossible as it's very competitive. What are your predicted grades?
Original post by ben60
I got AABC at AS in maths physics biology and chemistry. I dropped Chemistry for A2.
My uni choices are Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Manchester and the 5th one would probably be Brunel. Not sure yet.
Are these choices realistic?
Thanks
All opinions are greatly appreciated.

Perhaps drop UCL for an 'easier' University with lower entry requirements.
Reply 5
Original post by asmuse123
Perhaps drop UCL for an 'easier' University with lower entry requirements.

Thanks for your reply. The thing is i really really want to go to UCL. lol
Its such a nice uni
Reply 6
Original post by TVIO
Imperial Mech engg. seems pretty unlikely but not impossible as it's very competitive. What are your predicted grades?

yeah i know. i think that too. my predicted grades are A* A* A
Reply 7
Original post by ben60
yeah i know. i think that too. my predicted grades are A* A* A

Predictions seem good enough, give it a shot. Ace the interview/test. I think over a threshold grades aren't as important and a 4A* prediction is just as good as A*AA as long as you pass the interview. Applied to imperial myself let's hope we get in :smile:
Drop imp for something else
Reply 9
Original post by TVIO
Predictions seem good enough, give it a shot. Ace the interview/test. I think over a threshold grades aren't as important and a 4A* prediction is just as good as A*AA as long as you pass the interview. Applied to imperial myself let's hope we get in :smile:

May I know what you're applying for?
And what grades do you have? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ben60
May I know what you're applying for?
And what grades do you have? :smile:

Computer Science 4 year course. Got A*(maths A2) aa(physics, computing). Predicted 4 A* (got maths already, further maths, physics, computing)
Reply 11
Original post by TVIO
Computer Science 4 year course. Got A*(maths A2) aa(physics, computing). Predicted 4 A* (got maths already, further maths, physics, computing)

Okay thanks!
Good luck matey! :smile: I wish you get in!

Quick Reply

Latest