The Student Room Group

GCSE results needed for top 30?

Okay. So. I have 3 A*, 2A's and 4B's. A*'s were in English lit, lang, and History. A's were in Geography and Art. B's in Maths, Core Science, Additional Science, and French.

I know they're not super, and I also know that 'uni's don't look at your GCSE's!' except that in a lot of cases they do. I love english, it's always been my best subject, and I've been told that my writing is very good. I'm taking RS, History, Eng Lit and Politics at AS and so far I've been getting A's in all work set. I'm being realistic -- I'm not looking at oxbridge, durham, lse. I just want to get into a good uni. I would love to take Eng Lit, or maybe Philosophy. Any advice on how you guys have found the process and what grades you got to get into your unis would be a massive help!
Im assuming you're in y12 now? You have a good set of GCSEs in comparison to a lot of people. Mine are pretty similar and i achieved AABB at AS- Level, whereas people who may have achieved 6A*s or whatnot at GCSE got BBCC. If you love your subject, which, by the sounds of it you do, you will succeed because you will have put the effort in. A Levels are all about the effort. Im applying for english lit at cambridge, Edinburgh and Warwick and English and American lit at Nottingham and Birmingham. I have been encouraged to do so therefore i don't believe your GCSEs will be an issue if you do well at AS. Considering the fact that you would like to do lit/philosophy the entry grades shouldn't be more than ABB because its a joint honours (just don't take my word for it).

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending