random_boy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have made my first four choices for mechanical engineering and now I have to choose the fifth one from bath, bristol or leeds. Which one is better for mechanical engineering? I am mostly looking for universities that have good industrial links, are well known and have a good engineering course in general.

Which one of these should I take?

Thanks for any help!
Hannahmay01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ankur_sharam309)
I have made my first four choices for mechanical engineering and now I have to choose the fifth one from bath, bristol or leeds. Which one is better for mechanical engineering? I am mostly looking for universities that have good industrial links, are well known and have a good engineering course in general.

Which one of these should I take?

Thanks for any help!
Leeds is amazing for mechanical engineering, and that's not just because my dad works there!
Seriously though, leeds is an amazing university and an incredible city.
random_boy
Rep:
?
Bump.

Any other suggestions people?
kingm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bump.

Any other suggestions people?
All three will give you virtually equal opportunities for your career as they all have very good industry links and their courses are of the best in the country. As it is your 5th choice, i'd suggest you make your decision based on geographic's and the type of city you wish to live in. They all offer something different. That being said, if you go to either Bristol or Bath, you can hop between the two in 30mins :-). Leeds is a nice place as well and probably the cheapest out of the 3 - Bath is very expensive..

Would love to know what your other 4 choices are.
random_boy
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingm)
All three will give you virtually equal opportunities for your career as they all have very good industry links and their courses are of the best in the country. As it is your 5th choice, i'd suggest you make your decision based on geographic's and the type of city you wish to live in. They all offer something different. That being said, if you go to either Bristol or Bath, you can hop between the two in 30mins :-). Leeds is a nice place as well and probably the cheapest out of the 3 - Bath is very expensive..

Would love to know what your other 4 choices are.
Thanks for the reply.

My other four choices are

Cambridge (lol)
Imperial
Southampton
Sheffield
random_boy
Rep:
?
Ended up going for Bristol mainly because it is a more industrial city and uni probably has the best industrial links. Also it is relatively cheap.
kingm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ended up going for Bristol mainly because it is a more industrial city and uni probably has the best industrial links. Also it is relatively cheap.
Good luck!
Varun2111
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by random_boy)
I know it's 5 years later and you might not reply, but how did you find the degree?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (462)
56.62%
I don't have everything I need (354)
43.38%

Watched Threads