The Student Room Group

The guy I'm seeing has a girlfriend

But I'm madly in love with him. It's really hard. I can't deal with this anymore.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamintorture
But I'm madly in love with him. It's really hard. I can't deal with this anymore.

Have sex with him. Who cares? It is his girlfriend not his wife.
Original post by beriaforfun
Have sex with him. Who cares? It is his girlfriend not his wife.

He's just using me but I love him.

There is no problem, follow your heart and fall in love with him.
(edited 9 years ago)

What do you mean by 'using'?
If you want a future with him either make him choose between you and her or leave him before it's too late.

There's no point in hanging around for someone who doesn't want the same things as you. You're wasting your time by doing this.
Original post by Vixen47
If you want a future with him either make him choose between you and her or leave him before it's too late.

There's no point in hanging around for someone who doesn't want the same things as you. You're wasting your time by doing this.

The man in question could see both women at the same time. Pleasing both. Just so long as the current girlfriend is not informed, all should be fine.
What do you mean by 'using'?

He doesn't really love me otherwise he would leave his girlfriend. I'm just a bit of fun for him.
He doesn't really love me otherwise he would leave his girlfriend. I'm just a bit of fun for him.

So then be his bit of fun. You may think of it as a compromise but that is how the world works. Everyone has to compromise.
So then be his bit of fun. You may think of it as a compromise but that is how the world works. Everyone has to compromise.

Invaluable advice.
Invaluable advice.

Sarcasm? You can either be alone and unhappy or with him and happy and if this requires you to be his bit of fun, well why not? Better to be happy than unhappy.
Sarcasm? You can either be alone and unhappy or with him and happy.

Tbh I have thought of that. I am happy with him. But it's short lived when he crawls back to his girlfriend and they spend the week doing fun things together whilst I'm waiting to see him for a few hours every weekend.
Tbh I have thought of that. I am happy with him. But it's short lived when he crawls back to his girlfriend and they spend the week doing fun things together whilst I'm waiting to see him for a few hours every weekend.

It is a game of inches. Why not enjoy what time you can be with him?
It is a game of inches. Why not enjoy what time you can be with him?

I want to and I am. It's almost enough for me. But I am in love with him and I will never have him and that hurts. I almost want to cut him out and teach him a lesson not to play with peoples hearts. Have you been in this sit?
I want to and I am. It's almost enough for me. But I am in love with him and I will never have him and that hurts. I almost want to cut him out and teach him a lesson not to play with peoples hearts. Have you been in this sit?

By going for all and nothing you are in danger of ruining everything you have with him. Enjoy all the moments you can and you will find that the fact you have looked forward to being with him so much for the rest of the time you and him are not together, will make the moments you are together all the more better. You have a perfect situation on your hands as this way yours and his affections will never degrade over time but always stay fresh.
By going for all and nothing you are in danger of ruining everything you have with him. Enjoy all the moments you can and you will find that the fact you have looked forward to being with him so much for the rest of the time you and him are not together, will make the moments you are together all the more better. You have a perfect situation on your hands as this way yours and his affections will never degrade over time but always stay fresh.

What about when I want a real boyfriend that I can spend every day with and call whenever I need him and introduce him family and possibly have children with ?
What about when I want a real boyfriend that I can spend every day with and call whenever I need him and introduce him family and possibly have children with ?

Then maybe he will one day leave his girlfriend but you need to give him time lots of time. As the song "goes have a little patience." You do not want to rush the relationship and wreck it. Allow it to develop slowly over time.
Then maybe he will one day leave his girlfriend but you need to give him time lots of time. As the song "goes have a little patience." You do not want to rush the relationship and wreck it. Allow it to develop slowly over time.

I agree. Thank you.
I agree. Thank you.

No problem. All you have to do is enjoy the time you have with him and be patient and you will be fine. He may already be planning to leave his girlfriend and just waiting for that opportune moment.
No problem. All you have to do is enjoy the time you have with him and be patient and you will be fine. He may already be planning to leave his girlfriend and just waiting for that opportune moment.

I hope so.

Quick Reply

Latest