Problems with video/sound online

Watch
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been having issues watching youtube videos or listening to audio online for the past few weeks. What seems to happen is either youtube videos won't load, or will play and there will be no sound. If I'm on tumblr, vines might load, but again there will be no sounds, or they won't load at all. The nice ambiance sites I like to use whilst writing (e.g. rainymood) aren't playing anything, even though my volume settings seem to think they are. Computer sounds are working fine so there's no issues there.

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled flash but to no avail. Someone online told me to delete my internet history and cache - that worked....for all of two days. I then deleted my history and cache again, and thing started working again. Now things are on the fritz after only a day or so...I can't keep deleting my history every day or two, there's some things I want remembered, you know?

Does anyone know what the problem might be, and how to fix it?

Oh, and when youtube was working, sometimes I'd load a video to have the message "you need flash to play this" (even though I had the most recent version installed). Refreshing the page would sort the problem, but then I'd get a little popup window in the corner that said "display driver intel graphics accelerator driver for windows 8(r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver in question but I'm still having problems.

I'm having to delete my cache every few hours and I have no idea why??? Help
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds like driver problems to me, have you tried reinstalling drivers?
Mm_Minty
Rep:
?
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Sounds like driver problems to me, have you tried reinstalling drivers?
Yup, uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver that was in the error message. Things worked fine for a while, but after...4 hours (?), youtube is alternating between playing video with no sound, or not playing at all, and other videos aren't loading/playing at all.

I shouldn't have to keep resetting things every few days (or few hours now!!) just to be able to watch a few videos before I have to repeat the process all over again... :/
Mm_Minty
Rep:
?
Bump?
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mm_Minty)
I've been having issues watching youtube videos or listening to audio online for the past few weeks. What seems to happen is either youtube videos won't load, or will play and there will be no sound. If I'm on tumblr, vines might load, but again there will be no sounds, or they won't load at all. The nice ambiance sites I like to use whilst writing (e.g. rainymood) aren't playing anything, even though my volume settings seem to think they are. Computer sounds are working fine so there's no issues there.

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled flash but to no avail. Someone online told me to delete my internet history and cache - that worked....for all of two days. I then deleted my history and cache again, and thing started working again. Now things are on the fritz after only a day or so...I can't keep deleting my history every day or two, there's some things I want remembered, you know?

Does anyone know what the problem might be, and how to fix it?

Oh, and when youtube was working, sometimes I'd load a video to have the message "you need flash to play this" (even though I had the most recent version installed). Refreshing the page would sort the problem, but then I'd get a little popup window in the corner that said display driver intel graphics accelerator driver for windows 8(r) stopped responding and has s"display driver intel graphics accelerator driver for windows 8(r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver in question but I'm still having problems.

I'm having to delete my cache every few hours and I have no idea why??? Help
Reinstall flash........reinstall chrome............use malwarebytes, use CCleaner......hmm if its a laptop, check manufacturers website, register yourself and the laptop via is S/N, etc and check download page for latest drivers.
username1551801
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Looks like your display driver is playing up, where are you getting your sound from?
Are you using the GPU to import sound?

A TDR is never good, you should either update or roll back your display driver as it's clearly causing problems.

I don't recommend CCleaner, in fact I don't recommend any registry cleaners as they cause more harm than good.

Reinstalling flash, chrome or using malwarebytes won't solve the issue if it's a problem with a Kernel device driver, especially if it's the display driver.
Given that those programs are mainly User mode applications they should have little effect on the sound output.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.83%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.59%
No - I live at home during term anyway (134)
28.57%

Watched Threads