sucik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been asked by my tutor to do a ten minutes presentation in class on any topic as long as its scientific. first i was think about climate change but now not too sure about it. I wanted you guys to suggest a topic of your own interest.
thanks you
Nymthae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sucik)
I've been asked by my tutor to do a ten minutes presentation in class on any topic as long as its scientific. first i was think about climate change but now not too sure about it. I wanted you guys to suggest a topic of your own interest.
thanks you
Climate change is boring - it's a very standard topic you're exposed to. Find something a bit out of the ordinary and you'll find people pay more attention because they don't already know it all.

What are of science are you most interested in? At a quick glance, looks like you're interested in nursing, correct? So maybe go down the biosciences route - tell me about a certain disease, perhaps the mechanisms of how it progresses or is transmitted, basic chemical pathways etc. and possibly lead into the current treatments and how they affect the mechanism or pathway, why it works and so on.

Perhaps you stumble across an interesting chemical compound - learn a bit about how it's made, what it's used for, why it's important, has it lead to another interesting developments.

The chemistry of chocolate? or paint? or deodorant? it's not stuff people think about too much, but actually is something they can picture/they see the end result. I had a lecture on the chemistry of chocolate once, and it was pretty cool to learn about what sort of processes it went through. Absolutely loads of stuff to talk about, and most people are a fan of chocolate!

They're not really that interested in what the topic is, from a tutor perspective, although I find it far easier to present better if it's something i'm interested in or enthusiastic about. Depends what your knowledge level is here, and your interest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads