somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I contacted a University for a transfer and they have stated their terms; Pass all the modules. This might seem a bit trivial or obtuse but will those be the terms that I will DEFINITELY get when I apply to said Uni via UCAS? It's just that I thought these terms seemed a bit low after hearing of how a lot if not most places want at least a 2.1 in the first year. I'm not gonna get struck with some sudden change in terms am I?
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by somemightsay888)
So I contacted a University for a transfer and they have stated their terms; Pass all the modules. This might seem a bit trivial or obtuse but will those be the terms that I will DEFINITELY get when I apply to said Uni via UCAS? It's just that I thought these terms seemed a bit low after hearing of how a lot if not most places want at least a 2.1 in the first year. I'm not gonna get struck with some sudden change in terms am I?
Not once they've made you an offer, no. You would have to apply in the usual way, and run the risk that they may so no in any case. If they do make you an offer it might be tougher than they've indicated so far, but once made and accepted they are not supposed to change the conditions, and are very unlikely to do so.
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
(Original post by Minerva)
Not once they've made you an offer, no. You would have to apply in the usual way, and run the risk that they may so no in any case. If they do make you an offer it might be tougher than they've indicated so far, but once made and accepted they are not supposed to change the conditions, and are very unlikely to do so.
Thanks for the reply! So if they sent me an offer via email after I asked the admissions team who asked the head of department, the terms on my email will definitely be the terms on my offer?
Minerva
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for the reply! So if they sent me an offer via email after I asked the admissions team who asked the head of department, the terms on my email will definitely be the terms on my offer?
No, an email does not have the status of an offer. All they can do is say that, if you apply through UCAS in the normal way, this is the offer they would expect to make. An offer is only valid if it appears on Track, and can only do that once you have formally applied.

The only exception to this that I can think of is that the university in this case is proposing to use the Record of Prior Acceptance route - but I would be surprised if that was the case.

You need to check with the uni whether they are expecting you to apply through UCAS; if the answer is 'no' then they need to clarify which process they are proposing to use.
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Thank you!
Minerva
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you!
No problem - good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (132)
14.78%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.26%

Watched Threads