The Student Room Group

Pre-menstrual or pregnant?

Basically a couple of weeks ago (26th September) my partner ejaculated inside of me, he wasn't supposed to (he was going to pull out and I guess got caught up in the moment), normally we would use condoms but he was just going to go in briefly and then put a condom on.

He said it didn't feel that powerful an orgasm so he thought it may have just been pre-cum but to be honest it felt so wet I believe it was a proper orgasm.

Any how we didn't worry too much about it because I thought it might not have been my fertile time of the month as it only 'felt like yesterday' that it was my period. But a few days later when I thought about it it turns out it happened a few days before my most fertile time and was technically within my fertile window.

My cycle is usually 29/30 days on average but I was a bit late in September with my period (cycle being 33 days) due to stress from exams - my period started on 16th September. Anyway, on the basis of a 30 day cycle approximately it appears I would have been very close to ovulation when he ejaculated inside me.

For the past 6 days I have had a significant amount of gas (yet I have had no change in my diet or anything to cause that), so I don't know if it's just that that I am feeling (and I don't know why I am suffering from gas randomly). But I have felt bloated, keep feeling cramps and sometimes sharp pains what feels like is in my womb (and at points it felt like the pains were in my ovaries or something), also I have 'twinges' and pain spasms in my vagina a little bit like before a period. Some of the pains feel pre-menstrual but some of them feel like wind, and some are just pains I've not really felt before and it's hard to distinguish what they might be. I have noticed increased vaginal discharge as I seem to feel damp a lot lately (sometimes feels like I have wet myself :redface:). And 2 days ago when I wiped there was the tiniest spot of blood mixed in, so it was like a browny discharge but no bleeding since.

Also yesterday I had to pee like 15 times... I do pee a lot generally but not quite as much as that.

Also I never really suffer PMS but today and yesterday I have felt really emotional and today I even had a hissy fit with a tutor and walked out on a lesson because I felt so overwhelmed and stressed.

Could I be pregnant or is this just pre-menstrual?

It is worth noting that it is still too early to take a pregnancy test but I am eager to get some advice on this because I don't know if am worrying for nothing.
If your partner did ejaculate inside you, and it was your fertile time of the month then there is a fair chance you could be pregnant. Especially as you're displaying very common early symptoms and you're not usually premenstrual.(the spotting could be implantation bleeding) I think you probably already know this.

It might not be too early to take a test, best thing to do would be to get some cheap ones (you can get cheap, dip strip tests in places like B&M 3 for around £2 which are basically the same as they use in doctors.) Then you have them and you can take them over the next few days.

The only way you can know for sure is to wait and see if your period is late and take some tests.

Whatever the outcome and whatever you do, make sure you sort out your contraception properly in the future
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
If your partner did ejaculate inside you, and it was your fertile time of the month then there is a fair chance you could be pregnant. Especially as you're displaying very common early symptoms and you're not usually premenstrual.(the spotting could be implantation bleeding) I think you probably already know this.

It might not be too early to take a test, best thing to do would be to get some cheap ones (you can get cheap, dip strip tests in places like B&M 3 for around £2 which are basically the same as they use in doctors.) Then you have them and you can take them over the next few days.

The only way you can know for sure is to wait and see if your period is late and take some tests.

Whatever the outcome and whatever you do, make sure you sort out your contraception properly in the future

Thanks for the advice. I thought I would update you, I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was indeed positive. Luckily I am in a stable long-term relationship though so we will be fine :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the advice. I thought I would update you, I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was indeed positive. Luckily I am in a stable long-term relationship though so we will be fine :smile:

Congratulations :smile:
Good luck. So much of parenting is luck.

Quick Reply

Latest