The Student Room Group

Applying for morse without further maths

Hey,

I want to apply for morse at warwick without having done further maths. I'm doing a2 maths, bio and chem. My grades at AS weren't particularly good and i got CCD. Predicted grades are AAA. Do i have any chance of getting an offer? I understand the course is a very competitive with lots of international applicants but i just wanted to know if i have any chance at all of getting an offer.

Scroll to see replies

Warwick ask for A*AA with at least an AS in Further Maths. Most universities are unlikely to believe predicted grades more than one grade above AS attainment unless you are doing multiple retakes and have a reason for previous negative performance. Your predicted grades are below their typical offer.

I can't say yes or no as to whether you'll get an offer, but the odds are very much stacked against you.
Original post by Morseaddict
Hey,

I want to apply for morse at warwick without having done further maths. I'm doing a2 maths, bio and chem. My grades at AS weren't particularly good and i got CCD. Predicted grades are AAA. Do i have any chance of getting an offer? I understand the course is a very competitive with lots of international applicants but i just wanted to know if i have any chance at all of getting an offer.

International applicants are not competing with UK/EU applicants for the same places - they have a separate pool of places which don't overlap. However, your predicted grades do not seem credible from the basis of your achieved grades and for such a competitive course, this matters an enormous amount. Your chances are pretty remote, I'm afraid.
Hey,

How on earth did you get those predictions?
Reply 4
Original post by plasmaman
How on earth did you get those predictions?

Gcse grades, why?
Gcse grades, why?

The AAA prediction was for A2?
Reply 6
The AAA prediction was for A2?

Yeah
Hey,

If you look here:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/gln0#course-tab-3
you'll see that their offer for those without FM is either A*A*A* or AAA + 2 in STEP or Merit in AEA.
Reply 8
Original post by loperdoper
Warwick ask for A*AA with at least an AS in Further Maths. Most universities are unlikely to believe predicted grades more than one grade above AS attainment unless you are doing multiple retakes and have a reason for previous negative performance. Your predicted grades are below their typical offer.

I can't say yes or no as to whether you'll get an offer, but the odds are very much stacked against you.

Oh crap. I pretty much have no chance then. Do i have to mention my AS grades on ucas?
Yeah

But you got CCD for AS?
Oh crap. I pretty much have no chance then. Do i have to mention my AS grades on ucas?

You have to declare all your qualifications on UCAS.
Reply 11
But you got CCD for AS?

Yeah, where is this going?
Reply 12
Original post by PythianLegume
You have to declare all your qualifications on UCAS.

What happens if you don't?
Yeah, where is this going?

Exten. circumstances?
What happens if you don't?

Well if the universities found out, any offers your receive can be removed, as can places at university. Plus most universities would be suspicious of someone who is doing A-Levels but apparently has no AS-Levels, with no explanation as to why.
Reply 15
Original post by PythianLegume
Well if the universities found out, any offers your receive can be removed, as can places at university. Plus most universities would be suspicious of someone who is doing A-Levels but apparently has no AS-Levels, with no explanation as to why.

Lol, ok. Thanks for your help btw
Reply 16
Exten. circumstances?

Something like that, why are you so interested in my predicted grades?

I was shocked by the disparity between your AS grades and your A2 predictions, that is all :wink:

Yes, you must declare every qualification you have recieved.

Because that is what university offers are made on. Yours are not logical from the basis of your AS scores - the jump is just too great to be believable as a realistic target. Your GCSE grades are not usually used to base A2 predictions on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending