motheleg
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What would be the best revision guide or any source of materials which would help me throughout my physics course (i'm an undergraduate).

At the moment the only thing which has completely baffled me is analysis 1A. which is part of my physics degree.
uberteknik
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by motheleg)
What would be the best revision guide or any source of materials which would help me throughout my physics course (i'm an undergraduate).

At the moment the only thing which has completely baffled me is analysis 1A. which is part of my physics degree.
Since there is no national standard for any given Physics undergraduate course, there will not be a standard text like that used for GCSE and A-levels etc. Analysis 1A is therefore meaningless to every person outside of your course as we do not know what the topic is or the level that 1A represents.

Each university is able to award degrees based on their own standards of assessment. You therefore need to view learning in a different way to the hand-held taught methods of learning at schools and colleges.

You need to understand that studying as an undergraduate means you need to go and look for the information yourself from whatever resources you have available to you. Different text books recommended by your lecturers (ask them) from which there will no doubt be appropriate set questions, websites dedicated to physics, libraries, published scientific papers etc.

There is no limit to how far you can push yourself along this path. Indeed, you are encouraged to progress your learning under your own initiative until your curiosity is satisfied.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
There's going to be a list of recommended texts for that module on the module handbook, they're going to keep physical copies in the uni library or have them online - imo find a recommended book that's got lots of practice questions and work through it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads