The Student Room Group

Do I include an extra GCSE that I'll sit on my UCAS application?

So my cousin took 6 iGCSE's (A*A*A*ABB) and she wants to sit an extra iGCSE when she's in year 13 so that she could have 7 iGCSEs in total which will look reasonable.
She has achieved 4 A's in her AS level. Planning to take medicine.
Her deadline for the UCAS application will be on October and she'll sit (not resit) an iGCSE on november (the following month), so does she have to include the extra igcse on her UCAS application???

Please could ANYONE reply ASAP:smile:

And Thankyou
Original post by Evens Beaute
So my cousin took 6 iGCSE's (A*A*A*ABB) and she wants to sit an extra iGCSE when she's in year 13 so that she could have 7 iGCSEs in total which will look reasonable.
Her deadline for the UCAS application will be on October and she'll sit (not resit) an iGCSE on november (the following month), so does she have to include the extra igcse on her UCAS application???

And Thankyou

If she is sitting the IGCSE then yes, she should put it on her UCAS form (as a pending qualification). However, unless that IGCSE is Science, Maths or English, I would strongly advise against taking an IGCSE in Year 13. I highly doubt it will have any impact whatsoever on her application.

And Thankyou

Yes, I'd put it on :smile: just put the date of when she'll get her result and put the grade as pending just like the A2s really :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by loosiemorgan
Yes, I'd put it on :smile: just put the date of when she'll get her result and put the grade as pending just like the A2s really :smile:

Thanx, she sat both English first language and English second language (which was compulsory)
English second language got a B
uni don't accept English as a second language

so She then sat English as a first language and got an A*

So does she have to include English as a second language in her UCAS application as well?

*she's English living in the middle east at the moment
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
If she is sitting the IGCSE then yes, she should put it on her UCAS form (as a pending qualification). However, unless that IGCSE is Science, Maths or English, I would strongly advise against taking an IGCSE in Year 13. I highly doubt it will have any impact whatsoever on her application.

Thanx, how about RE GCSE?
Thanx, how about RE GCSE?

No, that won't change anything.
Reply 6
Original post by Chlorophile
No, that won't change anything.

Okay,
she sat both English first language and English second language (which was compulsory)
English second language she got a B
unis don't accept English as a second language

So does she have to include English as a second language in her UCAS application as well?

Okay,
she sat both English first language and English second language (which was compulsory)
English second language she got a B
unis don't accept English as a second language

You have to include all recognised qualifications. If English and English as a second language are different GCSEs, you enter both.
^ that's what I was going to say :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending