The Student Room Group

I like being fat but people keep going on.

Hey, I'm 21, a guy, and I like being fat.

I'm not trolling. I have this weird thing which others also have in the World... but I like gaining weight on purpose. Laugh at me, but I like bigger women too. I don't mean like obese, but like Size 16-18 is hot. My girlfriend is about that size.

I'm 5'9" tall, and I weigh about 14.5 stone. There's some muscle on me, but yeah, I'm fat. But... I'm not unhealthy/unfit. I'm not sat at home each day eating cake and playing Xbox... I don't even own a games console. I eat a lot, but I eat well, and I cycle just over 20 miles each day for work... in all weather.

If for any reason my health got bad, I'd lose the weight. But, i'm happy the way I am, and I love the way my girlfriend is too.

But people keep going on about me at times. Like my Dad keeps going on at me to lose weight. My cousin always jokes about me too. A few years back, I was told I could model, but my family go on about that at times and how I've "let myself go".

It's my life though. Like I said, I'd lose the weight if anything serious happened, but I like it. I will eat really unhealthy at times. Like on Friday, I ate 1200 calories worth of shortbread biscuits. But... I keep fit.

How can I stop them moaning at me?

Scroll to see replies

Eating 1,200 calories of shortbread biscuits suggests your eating habits are far from healthy. Just because you do some physical exercise doesn't mean that there isn't a massive strain on your heart and joints.

Also, size 18 IS obese. You can dress it up however you want, but if you're still gaining and you're 14.5 stone now... What will you be in 2 years? 5 years?

Get a grip.
Original post by IspeaksBristol
Hey, I'm 21, a guy, and I like being fat.

I'm not trolling. I have this weird thing which others also have in the World... but I like gaining weight on purpose. Laugh at me, but I like bigger women too. I don't mean like obese, but like Size 16-18 is hot. My girlfriend is about that size.

I'm 5'9" tall, and I weigh about 14.5 stone. There's some muscle on me, but yeah, I'm fat. But... I'm not unhealthy/unfit. I'm not sat at home each day eating cake and playing Xbox... I don't even own a games console. I eat a lot, but I eat well, and I cycle just over 20 miles each day for work... in all weather.

If for any reason my health got bad, I'd lose the weight. But, i'm happy the way I am, and I love the way my girlfriend is too.

But people keep going on about me at times. Like my Dad keeps going on at me to lose weight. My cousin always jokes about me too. A few years back, I was told I could model, but my family go on about that at times and how I've "let myself go".

It's my life though. Like I said, I'd lose the weight if anything serious happened, but I like it. I will eat really unhealthy at times. Like on Friday, I ate 1200 calories worth of shortbread biscuits. But... I keep fit.

How can I stop them moaning at me?

Cycling 20 miles a day isn't gonna reduce your cholesterol. Doing regular exercise does not mean you can eat whatever you want and still be healthy.

I have no real qualm with you living your life however you want to though.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Eating 1,200 calories of shortbread biscuits suggests your eating habits are far from healthy. Just because you do some physical exercise doesn't mean that there isn't a massive strain on your heart and joints.

Also, size 18 IS obese. You can dress it up however you want, but if you're still gaining and you're 14.5 stone now... What will you be in 2 years? 5 years?

Get a grip.

Original post by e aí rapaz
Cycling 20 miles a day isn't gonna reduce your cholesterol. Doing regular exercise does not mean you can eat whatever you want and still be healthy.

I have no real qualm with you living your life however you want to though.

I ate those shortbread biscuits... but it's like a now and again one-off. I do eat healthily.

My weight always varies. I'm not still gaining. With cycling and eating, I tend to be somewhere between 14 and 15 stone. At the moment, i'm 14.5 stone. I won't go above 15.
Reply 4
There's a difference between being healthy and being fit. So you are sort of the opposite of me, I am quite healthy but not super fit. Whereas you are quite fit but very unhealthy.
Shortbread biscuits. :sexface: mmm.

If you're happy being fat then sod what anyone else thinks, live for yourself and no one else.
so you'll live a shorter life than everyone else...so what... at least u will have enjoyed all the food this life has to offer
Reply 7
Tell us how you really feel.
As long as you aint hurting anyone else, do what you wanna do OP.

Bear in mind though, having all that fat, around your abdomen especially, increases your chances of a plethora of health issues in later life.
As long as you're not costing the NHS or over-spiling onto someone's seat when travelling then I don't see why anyone would give a ****.
You might be able to stop them if you keep repeating this to them. However... with regards to health, this is fine when you're young, you can get away with being fat, but over the years you're making your heart work harder, you're hammering your joints, then there's things like diabetes or even cancer to think of.
Weird choice...
Really weird :s-smilie:
Original post by Maid Marian

If you're happy being fat then sod what anyone else thinks, live for yourself and no one else.

Original post by The PM's guilt
so you'll live a shorter life than everyone else...so what... at least u will have enjoyed all the food this life has to offer

Original post by ddhurst
Tell us how you really feel.

Original post by Spetznaaz
As long as you aint hurting anyone else, do what you wanna do OP.

Bear in mind though, having all that fat, around your abdomen especially, increases your chances of a plethora of health issues in later life.

Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
You might be able to stop them if you keep repeating this to them. However... with regards to health, this is fine when you're young, you can get away with being fat, but over the years you're making your heart work harder, you're hammering your joints, then there's things like diabetes or even cancer to think of.

Original post by tengentoppa
As long as you're not costing the NHS or over-spiling onto someone's seat when travelling then I don't see why anyone would give a ****.

Original post by KittyRe-play
Weird choice...
Really weird :s-smilie:

Just to clear some things up...

1. I'm 14.5 stone with the money I've earnt. I work full-time. I'm not on benefits.

2. If for any reason I became unwell due to the weight, I'd lose it all. I'm not obese, and I wouldn't get to the point where I'd be costing the NHS.

3. About it doing stuff to me later in life... I don't intend to be like this forever, but whilst I can have fun with it, I will.

4. It's not hurting anyone else. How would it?

5. I love shortbread biscuits. Anyone would eat a whole pack. :wink:

6. I cycle and eat healthy food too. Yes, I eat unhealthy stuff, but doesn't everyone?

7. Yes, it's weird, but I like it. It makes me happy. So does my girlfriend. :smile:
Original post by IspeaksBristol
Just to clear some things up...

1. I'm 14.5 stone with the money I've earnt. I work full-time. I'm not on benefits.

2. If for any reason I became unwell due to the weight, I'd lose it all. I'm not obese, and I wouldn't get to the point where I'd be costing the NHS.

3. About it doing stuff to me later in life... I don't intend to be like this forever, but whilst I can have fun with it, I will.

4. It's not hurting anyone else. How would it?

5. I love shortbread biscuits. Anyone would eat a whole pack. :wink:

6. I cycle and eat healthy food too. Yes, I eat unhealthy stuff, but doesn't everyone?

7. Yes, it's weird, but I like it. It makes me happy. So does my girlfriend. :smile:

Could be hurting others if they're worried about you? Your mum and stuff might be worried.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong really unless people are worrying about you. If I were personally worrying people i loved I'd try to lose some weight.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

Get a grip.

No, size 18 isn't necessarily obese.

Also I don't really see why you have to be rude. "Get a grip"? Bit harsh.
Reply 15
Original post by Maid Marian

This.

Can't believe I'm quoting you with a reply that isn't sarcastic or condescending....
Reply 16
Original post by Carpe Vinum

Wouldn't bother with that user. Pointless to debate with her.

Size 18 might actually be an adequate size on her - remember height plays a significant part in BMI as well.

Because I suspect he is deliberately being controversial to get a reaction. His delusional attitude is ridiculous.

Size 18 , unless on a very tall or very muscular woman is overweight and probably verging on obese.
Original post by samba
Wouldn't bother with that user. Pointless to debate with her.

Sorry... Who are you?

Bit of a bitchy thing to say seeing as how I can't recall ever talking to you on here...
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest