The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Are Durham GCSE Nazis?

Scroll to see replies

I'm still in Year 11, mid-way through GCSE'S. I've only realized too late the importance of GCSE's and so I'm not expecting much from my results, 4As, 6Bs, but I know I can do alot better. If my ALevels are alot better, will my GCSE's be used against me? Looking at Durham or Liverpool for either Psychology, History or Law.

GCSES studied : History, English, English Lit, ICT, Drama, RE, Maths, Double Award Science
Hopeful A-Levels : History, RE, Government and Politics, Sociology
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by MagicJigsaw
I really want to go to Durham, but I've heard that they're really big on GCSEs when making offers and I'm worried because my GCSEs aren't that amazing! I got 2A*s, 5As, 1B 2Cs 1D.

However I think my school is planning to send an Extenuating Circumstances letter to them (I went to a really bad school when I did GCSEs before moving to a better one for my A Levels, plus I'm from a really poor background).

My A Level results are pretty good - I got over 90% in all my AS Levels and my predicted grades are A*A*A*. My teachers think my personal statement is really good too.

Do you think I still have a chance of getting in?? Thanks!

With those A Level results/predictions I think you definitely have a chance of getting in! Go for it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending