laramerry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do too, I don't think they do though! I think they only give out offers on working days, so Monday-Friday 9-5. I don't think they'll be anyone working at the Uni on a sunday especially.
maxwynne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laramerry)
I do too, I don't think they do though! I think they only give out offers on working days, so Monday-Friday 9-5. I don't think they'll be anyone working at the Uni on a sunday especially.
I guess not, thanks! I still feel compelled to check just on the off chance! It's become an addiction I think :rolleyes:
laramerry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by maxwynne)
I guess not, thanks! I still feel compelled to check just on the off chance! It's become an addiction I think :rolleyes:
I'm addicted too! I sent my UCAS application on Tuesday, and havent stopped checking my emails since, and logging on to the point where I remember my personal ID! I got my first off on friday at like 5 O'clock when I had given up for the week, and it was the best feeling ever! I wish you luck with your application
maxwynne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm addicted too! I sent my UCAS application on Tuesday, and havent stopped checking my emails since, and logging on to the point where I remember my personal ID! I got my first off on friday at like 5 O'clock when I had given up for the week, and it was the best feeling ever! I wish you luck with your application
Thanks, you too!!
BethFirmin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I check Track multiple times every day, at various hours. Glad I'm not the only Track checking addict here!
laramerry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BethFirmin)
I check Track multiple times every day, at various hours. Glad I'm not the only Track checking addict here!
Track addicts have got to stick together!
BethFirmin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Track addicts have got to stick together!
Oh yes, hahaha!
Abi790
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got an offer from Bristol AAB!
laramerry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Abi790)
Woop, well done!! Where else have you applied?
Abi790
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Woop, well done!! Where else have you applied?
Oxford, Bath (offer received), Sheffield and Cardiff - you?
Mini_me
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Abi790)
Congratulation!! How long did it take to get an offer from them? I've also applied to bristol, so just curious.
Abi790
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mini_me)
Congratulation!! How long did it take to get an offer from them? I've also applied to bristol, so just curious.
Thank you! And a week exactly Good Luck!
BethFirmin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes! Just received a letter from Sheffield saying they'll give me an offer after I attend an informal interview at their departmental open day on the 20th of November!
Eoconnor6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah congratulations! I'm so jealous I loved Bristol, but so far I haven't heard anything from them :/

What do you guys think of Bath?? I got an offer from there (wohoo) and people have told me its a lovely place but I don't know if I'll be able to visit it so I was wondering if any of you guys have looked around or heard things about Biochem there?
laramerry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer from bath too! Train tickets are really expensive there so I'm not sure if I'll be able to visit either. I've only heard good things though, my friend studies at bath and she absolutely loves it there. On their website it says something about them being 2nd in the country for biochemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eoconnor6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer from bath too! Train tickets are really expensive there so I'm not sure if I'll be able to visit either. I've only heard good things though, my friend studies at bath and she absolutely loves it there. On their website it says something about them being 2nd in the country for biochemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know! Train tickets are the main reason why I'm not applying to anywhere in Scotland to be honest, that and the cold. 2nd In the country! That's pretty impressive, although I never know whether to trust their stats or not :s where else have you applied for?
laramerry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it seems way too good to be true! I've applied for Nottingham, I really love Nottingham so I applied for biochemistry and biochemistry with molecular medicine, but I'm sad they don't have a placement year! I've also applied for queen mary and Aston university in London, however that it my super back up that I've just used to fill a space

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eoconnor6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it seems way too good to be true! I've applied for Nottingham, I really love Nottingham so I applied for biochemistry and biochemistry with molecular medicine, but I'm sad they don't have a placement year! I've also applied for queen mary and Aston university in London, however that it my super back up that I've just used to fill a space

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm kind of annoyed with myself because I never even considered Nottingham because loads of people from my school go there and I want to mix with new people and resist the urge to stick with people I know! Only now I hear so many good things about Nottingham! damn! It's good to have a back up though, I was stupid enough to not do that and my teacher yelled at me "You feckin' idiot... well there's always hair and beauty level 2, wait maybe level 1 for you". :'(
BethFirmin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eoconnor6)
I'm kind of annoyed with myself because I never even considered Nottingham because loads of people from my school go there and I want to mix with new people and resist the urge to stick with people I know! Only now I hear so many good things about Nottingham! damn! It's good to have a back up though, I was stupid enough to not do that and my teacher yelled at me "You feckin' idiot... well there's always hair and beauty level 2, wait maybe level 1 for you". :'(
Wow, that was rude of your teacher. :O I don't really have a "safe choice" either. The entry requirements of the places I applied to range from A*AA to AAB, but luckily it's turned out well because I have a conditional offer from Bath and Sheffield said they would make me an offer after I attend their interview. Good luck with your application.

I have a similar problem about visiting Bath. I live very far away from Bath and I can't attend the departmental day because it's the day before my interview at Sheffield, and I may need to stay overnight if I visit Bath, so I wouldn't be able to do both. I asked them to send me an alternative date though, because that was one of the options on the email, so I'm hoping to visit at some point.
laramerry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A lot of people from my school go to Nottingham Trent, so if I get in I'm going to ignore them and pretend in superior hehe! Aston has an amazing course for biochemistry and they are quite well known for there placement schemes, I'm so excited to do a year in industry. They are ABB-BBB, that's my lowest graded choice. Bath is my highest at AAB, then Nottingham is AAB-ABB. I really don't know whether to have bath or Nottingham as my first choice and then queen mary as my second choice which is ABB. I'm predicted AAB, I'm confident I'll definitely get ABB, I just don't know whether to risk it and have a great uni as my insurance or be very safe and end up going to a slightly pooper uni OR HAIR AND BEAUTY LEVEL ONE

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (13)
6.63%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.2%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.84%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.22%
There's nothing they could do (59)
30.1%

Watched Threads

Latest