?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Go head ask me anything you want ... Can't wait for the stupid ones ;P
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did Iran get on in the World Cup this year ?
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
How did Iran get on in the World Cup this year ?
I mean we obviously went into our group which was very hard (Argentina, Bosnia, Nigeria) and didn't really expect much.
First game was boring against Nigeria, but showed how powerful our defence was.
Second game showed the heart and soul the Iranians had against one of the best teams in the world. Even though we lost it essentially was every iranians highlight of the world cup as it showed our iranian passion and pride (even though we lost)

Last game against Bosnia was a failure and showed our cockiness as the manager took an attack approach which ended fatally for our side. Lost 3-1

Essentially I think we had a pretty good performance compared with our other world cup ones.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have a beard ?
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
Do you have a beard ?
No
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Luke or Ronnie?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ermm do you own a peacock ?
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByronicHero)
Luke or Ronnie?
Errrr. Ronnie? His name sounds cooler
The Master Cheif
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you seen the palaces of Isfahan before?
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
ermm do you own a peacock ?

No but in the past I have owned a cat, 2 lovebirds, 3 budgies, 2 finches, 2 doves, a handful of goldfish and 2 zebra danios :P
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Master Cheif)
Have you seen the palaces of Isfahan before?

No but i'd love too. I have however been to Shiraz and seen the mighty ruins of Persepolis and Tehran once too when I was younger.
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheTruthTeller)
Errrr. Ronnie? His name sounds cooler
Good choice.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
would you risk arrest by dancing to a pop song ?
The Master Cheif
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No but i'd love too. I have however been to Shiraz and seen the mighty ruins of Persepolis and Tehran once too when I was younger.
Are you proud of Persian history? Would you like an secular Iran or an theocratic Iran?
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
would you risk arrest by dancing to a pop song ?
I see what you did there.... No I wouldn't :P
I'm not really a dancer anyways.. I see myself as more of a poetical genius
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I see what you did there.... No I wouldn't :P
I'm not really a dancer anyways.. I see myself as more of a poetical genius
have you put any of your masterpieces in Creative Corner yet ?
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
Are you proud of Persian history? Would you like an secular Iran or an theocratic Iran?

Definatley proud of Persian history. Ask any iranian and they will honestly speak for hours about how we essentially created human rights before the west (cyrus cylinder), had a great empire, were the pinnacle of the world etc.

Honestly I would love a secular Iran.. Iran would be 100 times the nation Turkey is right now if it was not for the British coup in 1954 which consequently lead to the Iranian revolution in 1979 which was hijacked by the current theocracy.

I want the old Persian values instilled into a new Iran. I want a nationalistic Iran just like the times when we had an empire.
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
have you put any of your masterpieces in Creative Corner yet ?
No because I haven't actually gotten time to write them down :P
I guess its all really in my head
The Master Cheif
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definatley proud of Persian history. Ask any iranian and they will honestly speak for hours about how we essentially created human rights before the west (cyrus cylinder), had a great empire, were the pinnacle of the world etc.

Honestly I would love a secular Iran.. Iran would be 100 times the nation Turkey is right now if it was not for the British coup in 1954 which consequently lead to the Iranian revolution in 1979 which was hijacked by the current theocracy.

I want the old Persian values instilled into a new Iran. I want a nationalistic Iran just like the times when we had an empire.
Interesting. Why are Iranians in general less religious than other ME/NA nations and people? And why do Iranians/Persians do well in science and education compared to Middle Easterners like the Arab world?
TheTruthTeller
Rep:
?
Interesting. Why are Iranians in general less religious than other ME/NA nations and people? And why do Iranians/Persians do well in science and education compared to Middle Easterners like the Arab world?
Iranians are different to Arabs and have tried as hard as possible to retain certain parts of culture even after the Islamic/ arab conquest. For example most arabs are sunni muslims whereas iranians are predominantly shias. In Iran we still have ancient zoroastrian festivals that even the religious clerics follow...

Our culture that we still retain has alot to do with education; this is why Iranians are among the top 3 richest immigrant households in the USA. Our parents expect a lot from us and we have to deliver. In a sence we try to distance ourselves as far away from arabs as we possibly can and I guess we are more secular too but generally only in Europe and certain parts of Iran.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads