The Student Room Group

What were your final grades in GCSE in Maths, English & Science

Scroll to see replies

Maths, Biology, chemistry, physics, English literature A*.
English Language A ( Which just last week went up 16 UMS from a low B to one off an A* lol)
Maths - A*
Physics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A
English language - A
English literature - B (could've got an A* if I worked harder than revising the night before the exam and knowing how to answer an unseen poem)
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
I went through years 7-11 thinking "oh wow yes Medicine is for me!" then visited hospices and started doing dissections in Biology and realised I may be making a bit of a mistake! I'm also a massive hypochondriac so learning about all these diseases won't help that! So then I switched to Computer Science, then to Biology, then to Natural Sciences and now finally I've sent off my applications for Pharmacy. It's been a bit of a mess this past year but I can work in a role where I help people but also don't need to hurt them (like sticking needles in or re-fracturing bones etc.), and still have some flexibility in careers (I'm looking into the army at the moment).

I'm not putting medicine down- if you still want to go for it then by all means do- just have a look round at other related courses or flick through a couple of prospectuses and see if you like the look of any of the courses. You may find medicine is still your top course but at least you were aware of the alternatives.
Or have a gap year if you really can't decide, but I have to say work experience is the most valuable thing you can do.

Thank you, I think I'll see whether or not my as levels will be competitive enough. I haven't had work experience yet although I'm hoping to get some through my local hospital. In some ways I hope that I don't enjoy it because that would take a lot of stress off my shoulders! Anyway, good luck in the future with your pharmacy application or whatever you decide to do :smile:
Reply 43
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A
Biology A
English language A
English literature A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths - B
English Literature - A
English Language - A
Biology - B
Chemistry - A
Physics - A

I worked hard for these grades, especially in science, so am proud of them.
Maths: A*
Further Maths: B
English Language: A (5 off A* :frown:)
English Literature: A*
Science: A*A

I was pretty chuffed with that, aside from the obvious in f.maths of course :biggrin:
Original post by Lularose83
Don't give up! Just do very well in your a levels :smile:

English Lang, English lit, Maths, Physics (!!) A*

Biology and chemistry- A

I was so surprised with physics! I was on the UMS grade boundary for it so I like to do things by fine margins

Posted from TSR Mobile
English (lit+Lang) B
maths C
chemistry C
physics C
biology B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest