The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you're not allowed to think about sex or anything like that when you're fasting are you?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Bluelight
:eek: ! i could never do that it sounds well difficult , for a month aswell, im far too greedy. But on the upside if you're packing a bit of extra weight i suppose its a decent way to shift it.

Exactly the opposite actually. People get really fat after a month of fasting. The evening meal after fasting is very heart, fried and fattening, and people tend to pig-out after fasting for soo long. Also your body starts to store any new energy you gain as fat if you don't eat for a long time (a survival tactic) so all that food becomes fat.
Reply 22
I do have my medical problems so I cant fast every single day. I do it when i can. most of the time I only fast during weekends.
Reply 23
thekizzaa
you're not allowed to think about sex or anything like that when you're fasting are you?

I'm not an islamic scholar (actually pretty much an atheist) but a fast is just a period of rest from all the worldy pleasures (to make you realize how much you have and how kind god is) so no you prob can't have dirty thoughts
Reply 24
I'm not a muslim but I hate bacon and pork related food if that's any consolation
mmmmmmmmmmm bacon.... droooool!:biggrin:
Reply 26
No, i don't think it matters to muslims whether anyone else eats pork or not. I wouldn't care or be disgusted if i have pork in my plate (just take it out, most wouldn't like it), or if someone eating with me was eating pork (most muslims wouldn't care).
Reply 27
I'd be discusted, it smells feckin awful!! I guess I'll have to put up with it though :biggrin:
Yeah, im a muslim. Fast finishes at 7.
Reply 29
Well it's maghrib (sunset) so any time the sun is completely down. Here the maghrib payers were around 5-6, last year
Reply 30
yhh... this year dey bout 7pm...
Reply 31
is anyone doing architecture here?
Multiplexed
Yeah, im a muslim. We are the most unluckiest year to have freshers week at the same time as Ramadhan & MAKK, fast finishes at 7.

you have to fast on freshers!??:eek:
waorjwrlwarawrlakwr
Reply 34
god must love you

Thank god i'm an atheist
Multiplexed
Yep, it actually starts on the same day as we move in & the fasting season lasts for a month. Unlucky eh? :frown:
that is unfortunate, one of the worlds worst coincedences methinks.
Reply 36
thekizzaa
god must love you

Thank god i'm an atheist

funniest statement of the week, maybe month
Reply 37
Not only do we fast during freshers but i fast the day of my birthday... How unlucky can it get?
Reply 38
Whens your b;day candino?
Reply 39
thekizzaa
Whens your b;day candino?

SEPTEMBER 25TH DAAAAMN!

Latest

Trending

Trending