The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Oxbridge MPhil Coursework Comparison - CS

Hi everyone! :smile:

As a prospective student at Oxbridge, I could really use some help from people already attenting these two unis.

In particular, could you please compare the course workload for the MPhil CS program? How many students graduate on time, do they give you a chance to retake course exams? I mean, in general, is it possible to have a part time job too for extra help with tuition?
Thanks
Original post by BradyNgk
Hi everyone! :smile:

As a prospective student at Oxbridge, I could really use some help from people already attenting these two unis.

In particular, could you please compare the course workload for the MPhil CS program? How many students graduate on time, do they give you a chance to retake course exams? I mean, in general, is it possible to have a part time job too for extra help with tuition?
Thanks

I didn't do CS, but an MPhil at Oxford is a taught programme with a fixed timeframe. There is no option to graduate later (except for circumstances like illness), and you cannot retake exams. You have to pass them. Part time work is possible if you can fit it in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Little Jules
I didn't do CS, but an MPhil at Oxford is a taught programme with a fixed timeframe. There is no option to graduate later (except for circumstances like illness), and you cannot retake exams. You have to pass them. Part time work is possible if you can fit it in.

Hey, thanks for replying.
Yeap, that's the question then, whether one can fit in some work in the schedule. Have you heard of someone being able to cope with the time while on an Mphil? would be good to know.
I think the dropout rate across the boards for both Oxford and Cambridge is very low at any level.
Original post by BradyNgk
Hey, thanks for replying.
Yeap, that's the question then, whether one can fit in some work in the schedule. Have you heard of someone being able to cope with the time while on an Mphil? would be good to know.

Some work, sure, I fitted in a few hours, plus society stuff. But full time definitely not. An MPhil at Oxford is a pretty intense couple of years.
Reply 5
thanks for the tips :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest