The Student Room Group

MySQA 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mysqa
Hi, you should get it by the end of November.

Thank you! :smile:
SAM’s Work Tips No 12: Sometimes a change of scene can help you retain info a library, a park, even a different room.
SAM’s Work Tips No 13: A rested brain absorbs more. Make sure you are sleeping properly in a regular pattern.
SAM’s Work Tips No 14: Music. For the vast majority of people it’s a distraction. If you do play music, relaxed and familiar is best.
SAM’s Work Tips No 15: Electronic games will not relax your brain. That buzzy fuzzy feeling is not conducive to study!
SAM’s Work Tips No 16: Procrastination is the enemy. Getting ready to work is fine. Taking three days about it is not.
SAM’s Work Tips No 17: Get your subjects organised. Know when they are and what you have to learn. Then learn it.
SAM’s Work Tips No 18: Know your strengths and reinforce them to make them stronger. These should be the easy marks when the time comes.
SAM’s Work Tips No 19: What are your weaknesses? Why? What can you do to strengthen them? Never be afraid to ask for help.
SAM’s Work Tips No 20: Your teachers want you to pass. If you don’t understand, ASK them. Keep asking until you do understand.
SAM’s Work Tips No 21: Friends can often explain things you might not understand from your teacher. Learn to learn with them.
Hi Sam, I was wondering how do you add the Leadership award to your UCAS application?

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/41680.html
SAM’s Work Tips No 22: Balancing new work homework etc with revising is key. Reviewing new work as you complete is helps.
added value help me for modern studies
SAM’s Work Tips No 23: Get organised keep notes by subject in order. Group books by subject. Review what you need to do for each subject.
SAM’s Work Tips No 24: If you hit something you don’t know, carry on around it, then ask your teacher to help resolve it.
Original post by Christopher199
Hi Sam, I was wondering how do you add the Leadership award to your UCAS application?

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/41680.html

This is really a question for UCAS, but I should point out that the Leadership Award doesn't actually attract UCAS points (although it's probably be worth including a reference to the Award in the 'Personal Statement' section of the form).
SAM’s Work Tips No 25: Caffeine may help you put in more hours, but it impairs the ability to learn after a couple of cups.
SAM’s Work Tips No 26: Revising with friends makes sense as long as it’s not a distraction. Work can be fun, but it’s work.
SAM’s Work Tips No 27: The Big Picture. Get a calendar and mark projects, deadlines, exams, then divide the workload by week/by month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending