The Student Room Group

What happens if you change your mind?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gingerlucy

By enrolment, do you mean the day you start Uni and sort everything out there? So basically, even after I've been accepted into Uni, I can ask for deferment?

Yes, you can do this. But obviously its better 'manners' to it earlier than this as then your place can be offered to someone else.

Many people find applying to Uni in their final A level year too distracting/stressful. I know heaps who have done the whole Open Day thing but not actually applied until the following year Lots of advantages - you know your grades, and therefore can target your 5 choices, you get real decisions, not 'conditionals', and you'll be that bit older/wiser/more confident/sorted out when you do go to Uni. AND - you can just
concentrate on your A levels and get the best possible grades without all the distractions and hysteria of UCAS stuff. Recommended.
Original post by returnmigrant
Yes, you can do this. But obviously its better 'manners' to it earlier than this as then your place can be offered to someone else.

Many people find applying to Uni in their final A level year too distracting/stressful. I know heaps who have done the whole Open Day thing but not actually applied until the following year Lots of advantages - you know your grades, and therefore can target your 5 choices, you get real decisions, not 'conditionals', and you'll be that bit older/wiser/more confident/sorted out when you do go to Uni. AND - you can just
concentrate on your A levels and get the best possible grades without all the distractions and hysteria of UCAS stuff. Recommended.

Yes, I can definitely see how it would be better to defer earlier on, I didn't think of it that way! :smile:

That's it! I am known for being a MASSIVE worrier, so naturally I'm freaking out a bit and just thinking of the worst case scenarios...all the time! It's especially good because you could gain a huge amount of confidence in a year and actually have a chance to get your head around the fact that you will be going to university.

Thanks again :smile:
Hi all,

Are you aware of the UCAS Extra service? http://bit.ly/1eUVVWf

You can apply to universities one at a time if you are not holding any offers (e.g if you decline all your offers). Please bear in mind that this only runs from February to July, so some course may be full - but at least you have the option of looking.

Would just like to echo some of the advice above - don't apply to a course unless you are completely happy to study at that uni and on that course. If it's not right for you then wait until you find the right one. There's a lot of pressure to apply whilst you are at college/sixth form but university is such a great opportunity you don't want to rush into a decision you might regret. If that means taking a year to make up your mind (or longer!) then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest