ElChapo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm applying for an engineering intern role and have done the application and now have 5 days to complete the SJQ, does anyone have any tips or methods of preparation, quite nervous as I am very bad at situational tests. Thanks.
a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Might be worth looking up on the internet (I've seen some sites with example questions and answers)
zabiiin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey i have to do one of these tests too, how did yours go? any tips?
Elisabetev
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! I did mine yesterday, I researched and practised a little bit before hand but I think with these tests you just have to go with it and try and do the best job possible. I honestly thought the examples were quite difficult, hopefully I did OK.
Ade9000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's tricky because you can't really practise. Just think about the impression you want to make and channel that into your answers. That's what I did for mine. Think of it as just a glorified competency-based test.
Like_A_G6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Done the SJT. Answers were obvious in terms of which actions were effective and which weren't. The tricky bit is picking which is the best and which is the worst. Quite often, there are multiple solutions which seem just as good as each other, but you have to pick which one is the best form of action.
Elisabetev
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone, do you know more or less how long BP takes to let you know if you were successful on the SJT? I believe on the website it says it can take up to 4 weeks and I'd just like to check if it usually takes that long during these busy recruitment months. Thanks!
Ullas11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Is it just a situation judgement test or it has verbal and numerical part?

Thanks
lucyevans
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ullas11)
Hi,

Is it just a situation judgement test or it has verbal and numerical part?

Thanks
What was it in the end? Did it have a verbal/numerical part?
lucyevans
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elisabetev)
Hey! I did mine yesterday, I researched and practised a little bit before hand but I think with these tests you just have to go with it and try and do the best job possible. I honestly thought the examples were quite difficult, hopefully I did OK.
I was just wondering whether it had a verbal/numerical part to it too? Or did they ask for those once you had passed the SJQ?
jea1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey
i have to do a sjq and i was also wondering if there is a numerical and verbal test
SheldorOfAzeroth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you pass the SJQ then you'll have to do a pretty easy verbal+numerical test totalling 40 min, good luck!
lucyevans
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SheldorOfAzeroth)
If you pass the SJQ then you'll have to do a pretty easy verbal+numerical test totalling 40 min, good luck!

Ahh thank you! Is it immediately after? Or do you have time in between the SJQ and the verbal/numerical?
SheldorOfAzeroth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lucyevans)
Ahh thank you! Is it immediately after? Or do you have time in between the SJQ and the verbal/numerical?

If you pass the SJQ, your application will be looked at. This will take up to 2 weeks. If they like your application, they'll send you a link to verbal+numerical test which you'll have 5 days to do.
YousufKhan
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Guys URGENTCould you tell me the instructions to do the BP SJQ?Like, out of the three options, are we to select the most likely and least likely with the remaining option being between most and least likely?Or are we supposed to select two options as being effective and then choose which of them is most likely and the other least likely? which means the remaining option is not considered?THANKS IN ADVANCE
nargesa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hi
how long does it take for BP to let us know that we pass SJT ???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads