Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I voted for humour. But looks and intelligent are pretty important too.
    It doesnt mean he has to be typically handsome, just needs to look attractive, in my personal opinion.

I think I would look for different qualities for just dating/fling compared to something more serious/marriage.

physically = eyes, nose, faceshape + hair [i know - picky or what?!]
    personality wise = humour + intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    What is it with asses? All I can think about is the fact that people crap out of them! And to be honest, its not an endearing, nor erotic thought.
    Yes, most of us try and forget that part of it all. I have to say that guy's bums aren't really a huge factor for me, but there are a few nice ones - it's all to do with muscle tone.

And trying not to trip over stuff when you're looking *erm, did I just say that?? No, that never happened to me, never *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yes, most of us try and forget that part of it all. I have to say that guy's bums aren't really a huge factor for me, but there are a few nice ones - it's all to do with muscle tone.

And trying not to trip over stuff when you're looking *erm, did I just say that?? No, that never happened to me, never *
    Oh dear, I read "gay's bums aren't really a huge factor for me..." and thought, well as a doctor-to-be I'm sure she'll see a few. And then my minde flitted to a programme I watched about re-developing the sphincter.

ReputationRep:
    I dont really stare at guy's bums, I think their eyes are just slightly more attractive. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Oh dear, I read "gay's bums aren't really a huge factor for me..." and thought, well as a doctor-to-be I'm sure she'll see a few. And then my minde flitted to a programme I watched about re-developing the sphincter.
    Don't talk to me about dissection tomorrow...:eek: and yes, apparently we will do LOTS of rectal examinations in clinical school. Yay.

Valcandy - I agree, eyes are much more attractive

ReputationRep:
    Yup! You have sense girl. ^^ I have this thing about arms too. Nice arms are hmm, nice.

ReputationRep:
    Looks are the first thing, I would say intelligence and humour but you dont really get either when it comes to girls. So ill stick with looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Looks are the first thing, I would say intelligence and humour but you dont really get either when it comes to girls. So ill stick with looks.
    Very witty

ReputationRep:
    I have no objections to the fact that my boyfriend is fancied universally (i.e. women and men!) He also happens to be the sweetest person alive!

<is SO in love>

ReputationRep:
    For me, the looks will always attract me first. Probably a reflex action or something. After all, it's the first thing you notice. But to be interested in a girl, she has to have a good sense of humour and also be an exciting person, so much that she makes me look forward to seeing her again. Also, she has to be able to engage in some intelligent talk at times.

(Original post by maximusmak)
    What is the most influncial object that makes you attractive to a women (for the men) or to a man (for the women).
    The gals should B trustworthy & Honest with good intelligence!!!

ReputationRep:
    I like to believe in true love and so am very proud that I have never been 'attracted' to a boy. You don't have to like someone to be in love with them do you? Though if I had a choice they would have to be deep, intelligent and a good sense of humour (anyone else here love satire?)

ReputationRep:
    Usually I'm not picky, I never really notice what attracts me but I do have some strange....fetishes (using the word loosely)

I like
    • Muscley arms...not too big but toned
    • Freckles
    • Strange coloured eyes (my ex boyfriend had like half gold eyes...they were gorgeous)
    • Gutarists, yes I'm nearly 19 and I still want to marry a rock star
    • People with low self esteem..don't ask me why
    • The complete opposite, really cocky *******s (use me, abuse me!)
    • Absolutley no money... I seem to spend more money when I'm with someone and receive less....well....some things less
    • People who have strange strange strange passions, an ex bf used to watch Due South (Like THE worst crime programme ever involving this really random mountie bloke)

So as you can plainly see I'm not that picky...lol

ReputationRep:
    and one of my ex-bf's lived in a squat and another in a garage...

here I am in my 3 bedroom all ensuite house in the middle of toff nose town and i'm saying that.

Oh and I keep getting into druggies which is probably bad...the ones that didn't do drugs when i was with them strangely seem to be stoned outta their heads when I see them again....strange

oh and hair....i have strange things with hair.
    One of my ex's had this mullet, and to me this mullet was the best thing since sliced bread...he used a can of hairspray on it a day

ReputationRep:
    I voted 'other' because it's never about just one aspect. Initially its about looks and charm....(you have to be attracted to someone in order to decide that you would like to get to know them). But as you get to know someone the importance of their looks fades. If you like the person they will appear more attractive and if you don't they will appear uglier, regardless of what they actually look like. As you get to know someone more it tends to be all about their personality and how they make you feel.

ReputationRep:
    I have a thing for eyes, light light brown, tells you everything bout a guy, he'd have have some religion in him. Looks is next, personality

ReputationRep:
    I don't know.
    It isn't anything i can name.
    Its just i can read people, and theres something about some people which i like, and some that i don't.
    It is one of these 'inner' things, but not as tacky.

ReputationRep:
    A boyfriend i had a little while ago, I knid of eavesdropped on his convo with his mates, they were at a table behind us and i wasnt facing him, I was just infatuated to hear how funny he was and that was it. I was hooked by his personality totally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    well, ull expect anythin from em init, ther gay after all, you dnt no if they are mascline or famine, but im homophobic so i really dont wana no
    homophobic, really? i've got a couple of gays in my family, but i am **** scared of transvestites

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea who i'm quoting, but i once heard it said that looks get you interested, personality keeps you interested (or something along those lines). Tis very true.

Best physical features about a bloke:

-strong back (when you can see the muscles rippling through his Tshirt...*drools*)

- chiselled jaw line...SO NICE!!!!

- tall tall tall! i love tall men! especially ones with broad shoulders

- messy, but tidy hair a la Brad Pitt in Fight Club

- long eyelashes...so cute!

Best personality features:

- sense of humour..HAS to be able to make me crack up!

- spontaneous

- intelligent

-confident

So yea, that's the non-exhaustive list of my criteria for choosing a bloke!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.