The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That's liverpool out for me which is so disappointing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KirstieW
That's liverpool out for me which is so disappointing :frown:

Oh no what did you get? :/ Who will I have to worry with on here now?
Original post by SpringNicht

Thought I'd peek in :tongue:

How was your Gamsat results?

Edit:
Oh wait just seen your score on the main Gamsat thread, my bad. Well done though!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by TranquilRawr
Oh no what did you get? :/ Who will I have to worry with on here now?

I got 46 on s2 which let me down :frown: got 57 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
/QUOTE]

Oh no :frown: Will you still be good for Swansea? Don't give up the hope just yet until all have replied back to you!
Reply 25
[QUOTE="TranquilRawr;51688747"]
/QUOTE]

Oh no :frown: Will you still be good for Swansea? Don't give up the hope just yet until all have replied back to you!

Not sure, it depends what their overall cut off is :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was your Gamsat results?

Edit:
Oh wait just seen your score on the main Gamsat thread, my bad. Well done though!

Thanks! Now if only I knew Liverpool's scoring system to invite for interview I could relax.
Original post by SpringNicht
Thanks! Now if only I knew Liverpool's scoring system to invite for interview I could relax.

If you look on their website you can see the qualities they look for in your personal statement. That is about all we have to go on besides last years Gamsat cut off's, wish they would email out telling us like St Georges and Nottingham did this morning. You applied for both post and undergrad or just post?
Just found this thread, anyone heard anything yet? Does anyone know when we should be hearing back from them?

Nobody ever seems to mention applying to liverpool for GEM on here, wonder why...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Pomppufiilis
Just found this thread, anyone heard anything yet? Does anyone know when we should be hearing back from them?

Nobody ever seems to mention applying to liverpool for GEM on here, wonder why...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not heard anything yet :/ although I'm expecting a rejection anyway..
Not heard anything yet :/ although I'm expecting a rejection anyway..

What were your GAMSAT results like? I'm hoping their baseline will be the same as Swansea so I have a hope of a chance. I've had one rejection so far but Nott and Sotton don't look promising either. I might email them asking but dont want to get a reply saying yeah we don't want you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were your GAMSAT results like? I'm hoping their baseline will be the same as Swansea so I have a hope of a chance. I've had one rejection so far but Nott and Sotton don't look promising either. I might email them asking but dont want to get a reply saying yeah we don't want you!

Nope no one seems to have heard anything so far. Last year when I applied I didn't realise that my MRes finished a week or two after the A101 course started so I got rejected straight away, that was my bad for not realising how late I finished the course haha. But when I emailed to see if there was any way around it (there wasn't) the auto reply I got around 8th January said

"Please note that it will take until the end of March 2014 to process all our applications and receive a decision. If you are acknowledging an interview you will just receive this automated reply.Please note that if your email is a medicine enquiry, due to the Christmas break and some of our team interviewing overseas in the new year, you may not receive a reply until the end of January."

So it implies to me that we should start to hear about interviews before New Year at the very least and then offers/post interview rejections come same time as the A100 course.

I have no idea why liverpool A101 has been so quiet the past 2-3 years on the forum. The only posts I could find for it last year were on NMM and didn't start posting until about late December and then after interview/offers were out. There is a few who keep posting about it in the main grad med forum but don't seem to notice us tucked away over here.
Reply 32

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 57 overall so just below the cut off for Swansea although I haven't had the rejection from them yet but if the cut off for Liverpool is the same as last year I'll be rejected because my s2 was awful (i got 46). Been rejected from SGUL, waiting for the expected rejections from Swansea and Liverpool and hoping on Warwick. Will probs resit GAMSAT in March and focus on improving my s2.
I got 57 overall so just below the cut off for Swansea although I haven't had the rejection from them yet but if the cut off for Liverpool is the same as last year I'll be rejected because my s2 was awful (i got 46). Been rejected from SGUL, waiting for the expected rejections from Swansea and Liverpool and hoping on Warwick. Will probs resit GAMSAT in March and focus on improving my s2.

You may still get away with the low S2 if the rest is up to par. Hear of a few cases were someone who has not met the minimum for a section still got invited to interview...not many but a small chance is better than none right? :smile:

Plus you still have Warwick!
Nope no one seems to have heard anything so far. Last year when I applied I didn't realise that my MRes finished a week or two after the A101 course started so I got rejected straight away, that was my bad for not realising how late I finished the course haha. But when I emailed to see if there was any way around it (there wasn't) the auto reply I got around 8th January said

"Please note that it will take until the end of March 2014 to process all our applications and receive a decision. If you are acknowledging an interview you will just receive this automated reply.Please note that if your email is a medicine enquiry, due to the Christmas break and some of our team interviewing overseas in the new year, you may not receive a reply until the end of January."

So it implies to me that we should start to hear about interviews before New Year at the very least and then offers/post interview rejections come same time as the A100 course.

I have no idea why liverpool A101 has been so quiet the past 2-3 years on the forum. The only posts I could find for it last year were on NMM and didn't start posting until about late December and then after interview/offers were out. There is a few who keep posting about it in the main grad med forum but don't seem to notice us tucked away over here.

Why do Liverpool leave everything so late!? Bloody typical! I'm on the cusp of the cut off for the GAMSAT I reckon so who knows what will happen!

Also I've talked to my friends and they've moved back to case based learning for first years and all the other years are a jumble (lots of unhappy medics).

Also, I think we know each other... Trying to think of a secret message I could write out that only we would understand but can't think of anything. The only thing I can think of is: are you free on Monday to cover splints again? (If you are who I think you are, then dw we managed to get Tony in to help out. Also we now have a Cas Sim kit!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks, I know the feeling, thankfully I've sorted up a back up, I'm on an integrated masters course so either way I have something to do next year. Have you sorted anything like that out? I would recommend deffo trying to get on something like that if your uni runs the MBiolSci programme!

Also I'm emailing them now because I'm impatient, any questions you want me to add other than what is the cut off and when will offers/rejections be sent off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do Liverpool leave everything so late!? Bloody typical! I'm on the cusp of the cut off for the GAMSAT I reckon so who knows what will happen!

Also I've talked to my friends and they've moved back to case based learning for first years and all the other years are a jumble (lots of unhappy medics).

Also, I think we know each other... Trying to think of a secret message I could write out that only we would understand but can't think of anything. The only thing I can think of is: are you free on Monday to cover splints again? (If you are who I think you are, then dw we managed to get Tony in to help out. Also we now have a Cas Sim kit!)

How is LU links doing? Ah johnston? surprised you managed to get him between his para shifts. ...Liv that you? (lol what are my initials then that will be the ultimate test of am I who you think I am :P )

What is your GAMSAT? Well at least they have settled on a structure for the newer years! Must be hell for the later years. Just wish there was a bit more info about how they run the course for us to prep more for interview!
Reply 37
You may still get away with the low S2 if the rest is up to par. Hear of a few cases were someone who has not met the minimum for a section still got invited to interview...not many but a small chance is better than none right? :smile:

Plus you still have Warwick!

That's what I'm hoping seeing as though there's no official rejection yet!
Reply 38
That sucks, I know the feeling, thankfully I've sorted up a back up, I'm on an integrated masters course so either way I have something to do next year. Have you sorted anything like that out? I would recommend deffo trying to get on something like that if your uni runs the MBiolSci programme!

Also I'm emailing them now because I'm impatient, any questions you want me to add other than what is the cut off and when will offers/rejections be sent off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not looked much into doing a masters, was thinking of working for a year instead to save up some money.

When interviews will take place would be good to know too :smile:
How is LU links doing? Ah johnston? surprised you managed to get him between his para shifts. ...Liv that you? (lol what are my initials then that will be the ultimate test of am I who you think I am :P )

What is your GAMSAT? Well at least they have settled on a structure for the newer years! Must be hell for the later years. Just wish there was a bit more info about how they run the course for us to prep more for interview!

CS! We're doing really well this term, loads just got the pain of waiting for region to do paperwork.

My GAMSAT was 62 56 60 so 59 average which is meh but I'm quite proud of it considering I did little to none revision! Next year with some effort I might actually do well!

I've just sent off an email to them in the vain attempt of getting a reply. I will report back for all on their reply. If I don't get one I might have to storm Cedar House tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending