This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Anyone doing the wonderfully exciting and fascinating option that is Cosmology? Does everyone agree it is a piece of ****e and they are gonna fail? I got 24% in my mock, and that was one of the best marks in my class!!! Doomed for failure!!!
Benny Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing telecommunications, it's not so bad - I'm more concerned about FFE and unifying concepts tomorrow! FFE is way too big and diverse to be just one module!
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am doing astronomy,. there is not much to it. just have to memorise everything
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah a couple of my class are doing telecomms but they've had to do it mainly as self study as they haven't got enough teachers in school to teach 2 options. I am concerned about FFE as well - I did it in jan and failed it miserably. I think I understand more of it now, but its such a hard paper. Don't know what UC will be like - lots of word questions I think with the whole syllabus mixed in to each question. Thats what my mock was like anyway. Managed 56% which is alright having not revisied!!! Oh what fun...
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Telecomms was pretty much self taught for me too - my teacher knew sweet FA about it. She said, and I quote "It'll be a good experince for me to do it too - I haven't done anything with telecomms since university!". *****.

And I buggered FFE in January too. Hopefully they got that one out of their system and this will be a nicer one tomorrow... I'm doing UC before it though, would be nicer the other way round... And with synoptic economics in the morning, I think I'm going to collapse at the end of the day! Still, on the bright side, only one left after that...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I have UC today too, but aside from learning several zillion formulae and definitions from all the modules I really don't know how to revise for it. Aside from the 2 exams today, I have to chemistry modules on tuesday before cosmology on thursday next week and then I'm done. At last.

Oh, and its good to know that all female physics teachers are *****es too...mine os the most patronising cow in the world and only speacks to the members of the class who repeatedly get A's in everything. Which isn't me!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I do Cosmology and its CRAP!!! Why do we need to know what is above us, its a waste of time. Also too much explanation involved, i hate it!!! And i dont understand a word except Hubbles Constant.
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
which is a number, right?!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Everyone in my class finds Cosmology crap - the only good thing is we have quite a good teacher so for all that Einstein's Thought Experiments crap we have examples using silly characters. That was the only interesting thing all year!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.09%
No (520)
65.91%

Watched Threads