Is 24 too old?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

Basically I've had a pretty difficult life so far, but will be going to University next September.
However, I am 24. Is this too old to date girls who are 18/19, and to go clubbing and have fun like you can when you are 18?
I don't feel 24, I feel like I'm 18, but I don't want to look like a weirdo, and now I really feel like I have missed the boat.

And even if 24 isn't too old for 18/19 year olds, then itwill be as I turn 26/27/28, and I find that depressing.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Basically I've had a pretty difficult life so far, but will be going to University next September.
However, I am 24. Is this too old to date girls who are 18/19, and to go clubbing and have fun like you can when you are 18?
I don't feel 24, I feel like I'm 18, but I don't want to look like a weirdo, and now I really feel like I have missed the boat.

And even if 24 isn't too old for 18/19 year olds, then itwill be as I turn 26/27/28, and I find that depressing.
Not too old. Half your age+7.

Plus the 3rd years would be 21, you don't have to have a GF from uni either.
jenny07
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nah, I don't think 24 is too old at all. I find that when you start university, no one really asks about anyone's age or anything. People just start conversation with things like what course you're doing and so on.

Honestly, everyone just wants to make friends when they start university.
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there!

Looks like you're having trouble deciding at which age dating a young girl becomes creepy. Use this chart developed by the world's leading expert in helping-tsr-members-find-out-if-they're-being-a-pervert-in-early-to-mid-october to help you know what's happy and what's crappy!

<16 - +/- 1 Year
16 - 18
17 - 20
18 - 22
19 - 24
20 - 26
21 - 99 (because everybody does crazy **** when they're 21)
22 - 28
23 - 30
24 - 32

Thanks for reading, this is XMaramena, and I'll see you next time for an evening special of "How to tell when your girlfriend finds your groin dishevelled and unexciting" with special guest John C Reilly.

Happy relationshipping!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
18 and 19-year-olds essentially date one another for the experience: seldom will such a relationship stand the test of time, or withstand the rite-of-passage and curriculum of rigorous self-development that university entails. So with that disclaimer in mind; knock yourself out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jenny07)
Nah, I don't think 24 is too old at all. I find that when you start university, no one really asks about anyone's age or anything. People just start conversation with things like what course you're doing and so on.

Honestly, everyone just wants to make friends when they start university.
How about casual sex? I know I'll get shot down for saying that, but I've never experienced it, and every 18/19 year old will be doing it.
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
I dated a 19 year old uni chick earlier this year, at the tender age of 29

I was in a relationship with a 17 year old college chick at 24

Girls like older guys :borat:
You are that old? :eek:
Anonymous #1
I dated a 19 year old uni chick earlier this year, at the tender age of 29

I was in a relationship with a 17 year old college chick at 24

Girls like older guys :borat:
You've given me hope. Were you doing A levels at 24? Did you feel like an ourtcast?
Did other people not think you were a pedo dating somebody 7 years younger?
womanofsteel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm 17 and have been on a date with a 24 year old, so no I wouldn't say it's weird...
Juichiro
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nope
No doubt, but they kept it to themselves. Her father was patently (somewhat understandably) unhappy, mind
Would you let your hypothetical 17 year old son go out with a 27 year old woman?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Profesh)
18 and 19-year-olds essentially date one another for the experience: seldom will such a relationship stand the test of time, or withstand the rite-of-passage and curriculum of rigorous self-development that university entails. So with that disclaimer in mind; knock yourself out.
Yeah but I never got to do any of that stuff, and was hoping Uni would be my chance to catch up and experience it all.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was 17 when I got together with my other half who was 24 at the time.

Seriously OP you're not too old, it's fine.
Wahrheit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)
Hi there!

Looks like you're having trouble deciding at which age dating a young girl becomes creepy. Use this chart developed by the world's leading expert in helping-tsr-members-find-out-if-they're-being-a-pervert-in-early-to-mid-october to help you know what's happy and what's crappy!

<16 - +/- 1 Year
16 - 18
17 - 20
18 - 22
19 - 24
20 - 26
21 - 99 (because everybody does crazy **** when they're 21)
22 - 28
23 - 30
24 - 32

Thanks for reading, this is XMaramena, and I'll see you next time for an evening special of "How to tell when your girlfriend finds your groin dishevelled and unexciting" with special guest John C Reilly.

Happy relationshipping!
Am 21, can confirm this.
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wahrheit)
Am 21, can confirm this.
You, sir, get a THUMBS UP
jenny07
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How about casual sex? I know I'll get shot down for saying that, but I've never experienced it, and every 18/19 year old will be doing it.
Well, casual sex is completely dependent on the person. I don't think every 18/19 year old are doing it, I mean, I'm 18 and I haven't experienced it either. From the people I have talked to at university, everyone just wants to hang out and get to know each other. I don't think this is something you should be worried about though, as in the casual sex thing.

There will be plenty of other students who are the same age as you, as well as older than you too!
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
not every.
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aw, you're so sweet! That's barely an age gap at all!

My boyfriend was 29, nearly 30, when he started dating 17 year old Plumstone and we've never had any problems with the age gap; we're still together nearly four years later.

Girls tend to go for older guys anyway so you might find that you actually have an advantage. Don't worry about it and just focus on having a good time and making friends; nobody will care that you're a few years older, half of them probably won't even notice!
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
I'm 17 and I'm seeing a guy who is 23. I don't think age really matters as long as you're into the other person and its not a stupid age gap like a 16 year old with a 50 year old or whatever.
er6209
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Honestly.. Casual sex isn't all its cracked up to be. It kinda sucks.
nohomo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Plumstone)
Aw, you're so sweet! That's barely an age gap at all!

My boyfriend was 29, nearly 30, when he started dating 17 year old Plumstone and we've never had any problems with the age gap; we're still together nearly four years later.

Girls tend to go for older guys anyway so you might find that you actually have an advantage. Don't worry about it and just focus on having a good time and making friends; nobody will care that you're a few years older, half of them probably won't even notice!
People thought ian watkins was sweet...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads