Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's that time of year again folks.

Doing 2 A-Levels in one year I have two As level exams in May and then 5 A2 in June and very early July.

Did an As module in January and got an A, got a solid B (I think) in my English coursework.

Despite the above I am still on edge now we are hitting the exam period.

How is everyone else coping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)

Doing 2 A-Levels in one year I have two As level exams in May and then 5 A2 in June and very early July.

Did an As module in January and got an A, got a solid B (I think) in my English coursework.

Should I have started revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Should I have started revising?
    I'm thinking the same...But, the internet is FAR too addictive!

ReputationRep:
    not A-levels, but up and coming GCSE's... We're getting the usual "revise and you'll do better" speeches in school... the latest was "you CAN do it" I just kept thinking of B&Q :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of assignments due in but I have an operation slap bang in the middle of exam period so I will have to resit during summer but as I have a good acemedic record I may be able to get out of the exams.

ReputationRep:
    We're nowhere near finishing our courses in time.

ReputationRep:
    My teachers are terrible this year! Plus, I learn one myself due to a timetable clash...and I learn another one outwith my school!
    I have 4 a-level subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    We're nowhere near finishing our courses in time.
    I've got that same feeling too.... quite a few chapters of our physics course are still being taught....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I've got that same feeling too.... quite a few chapters of our physics course are still being taught....
    We started Physics module 5 last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    We started Physics module 5 last week.
    oh i haven't even looked at the A2 part yet!!!!!!! they've been doing it in class but i hardly go. Stupid doing AS and A2 in one year.

I find the best way to do well is not to know the course but know the last couple of past papers off by heart.

ReputationRep:
    Once again I would like to boast that I have already sat mine.

Woo!

ReputationRep:
    As I am doing two A-Levels in one year we have to trim the syllabus and basically for Government & Politics we dont cover two of the subject areas. This means that you either learn it yourself or you just go into the exam knowing that instead of answering two from 5 or 6 you are answering 2 from 4 or 5 as you will know sod all about one subject area.

Didnt matter at As as I still got an A and managed to avoid the question on the judiciary.

Due to the fact that they are one-year A-Levels but cover two years worth of syllabus we teach right up to the exams which is kinda weird when you are still learning new stuff like 2/3 weeks before you are due to sit the paper.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=iiikewldude]Stupid doing AS and A2 in one year.
    QUOTE]

I was 22 years old when I started my A-Levels and a two year course would have probably put me off or made it a very long, drawn out process especially as I have been working at the same time.

The option of taking the one year courses appealed to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Once again I would like to boast that I have already sat mine.

Woo!
    grr....i'm actually going to fail this year in the Winters Tale

ReputationRep:

y did u have to remind meeeee

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any work today nor yesterday. It has been ages since I haven't done homework on a weekday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    y did u have to remind meeeee
    Becuase if I didnt you would have a nasty shock when someone did (nearer the time too!) .

ReputationRep:
    Becuase if I didnt you would have a nasty shock when someone did (nearer the time too!) .
    dont worry since january every day my dad is like get off the net n do sum work but ...

ReputationRep:
    i feel really sad, i went swimming with my mate and we took our maths with us and ended up sitting at the bar talking about circles and vectors and partial fractions :rolleyes:, we were going to continue with the work in the pub but decided the lighting wasn't good enough.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    dont worry since january every day my dad is like get off the net n do sum work but ...
    My dad has even disencouraged me from seeing my (now ex) girlfriend as it was a distraction from my A-level studies.(apparantly). The fact that we broke up was nothing to do with my dads wishes though.

I am wondering if he will "allow" me to have girlfriends through uni and when I graduate or will it affect my degree and subsequent job?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.