The Student Room Group

Applying above predicted grades

I achieved BBBC at AS level and have dropped the B in Computing, but I am now predicted ABB. Is there any possibility of getting into an AAB university with these grades and predicted grades? My history teacher (I am applying for history) and head of sixth form have both said that my personal statement is excellent, if that makes any difference.

My attendance was low last year (there was no particular reason for this other than me being an idiot) but is 100% so far and I am getting good grades so far this year. Should this be mentioned in my reference?

Any help would be appreciated
Original post by ChrisDay779
I achieved BBBC at AS level and have dropped the B in Computing, but I am now predicted ABB. Is there any possibility of getting into an AAB university with these grades and predicted grades? My history teacher (I am applying for history) and head of sixth form have both said that my personal statement is excellent, if that makes any difference.

My attendance was low last year (there was no particular reason for this other than me being an idiot) but is 100% so far and I am getting good grades so far this year. Should this be mentioned in my reference?

Any help would be appreciated

In general, you don't want your referee to mention your attendance was poor for no reason last year- that looks bad! They may say something like your academic attitude has improved this year, and you're working hard to gain higher grades.

However, ABB is already a relatively big jump from BBC. It's ok to include one risky AAB choice, but your other 4 choices need to be more realistic/sensible, ranging from ABB to BBB/BBC.
They were generous in predicting ABB this year considering you got BBC last year in the subjects you're continuing with for A2. If you truly think you'll be able to achieve AAB then by all means apply to an AAB university, but make sure you also have more realistic choices too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending