Will sitting the CFA Level 1 in June 2015 help my internship applications?

Watch
DamionFire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there,

I'll make this quick. I'm a postgraduate student looking to get into trading when I've finally finished uni. I'm currently applying for summer and off-cycle internships for next year (2015). I have a decent UG degree, Quantitative Finance MSc currently being studied for and over a year in BO at a BB.

Will registering for the CFA June 15 (obviously with the intention of sitting it) help boost my applications for the internships?

Cheers
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DamionFire)
Hi there,

I'll make this quick. I'm a postgraduate student looking to get into trading when I've finally finished uni. I'm currently applying for summer and off-cycle internships for next year (2015). I have a decent UG degree, Quantitative Finance MSc currently being studied for and over a year in BO at a BB.

Will registering for the CFA June 15 (obviously with the intention of sitting it) help boost my applications for the internships?

Cheers
So you're going to say that you have registered? Might as well say you applied to MENSA while you're at it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Acquiescence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
CFA isn't relevant for trading as I'd imagine you know. So it would be seen as an unnecessary expense
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads