The Student Room Group

What bands/artists do you think should just call it a day?

Metallica, Guns n Roses and Beady Eye for me. Metallica and Guns n Roses' time has gone, Beady Eye's never came.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Beyonce
Reply 2
Biebz

Agreed with you OP, Metallica especially.
Reply 3
Metallica
U2
Guns n' Roses
Beady Eye
The Stone Roses
The Killers
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Linkin Park
Why do people hate Beady Eye? Is it because they sound nothing like Oasis? First album was meh, but their second was great.

Even Noel says they are good.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
Why do people hate Beady Eye? Is it because they sound nothing like Oasis? First album was meh, but their second was great.

Even Noel says they are good.

Liam lost his voice back in 2005, hate his horrible nasal delivery. And the lyrics are awful, the type of stuff you enter into a Year 3 poetry competition
Original post by somemightsay888
Liam lost his voice back in 2005, hate his horrible nasal delivery. And the lyrics are awful, the type of stuff you enter into a Year 3 poetry competition

I won't disagree about Liam's vocals, although they have been sounding better since the second album came out (saw them live and the vocals were pretty solid). As for the lyrics, I feel people compare them to Noel's lyrics (so they are obviously inferior). You have to give them some credit since they never had a lot to do with the writing process in their time with Oasis.
Eminem, Macklemore, Linkin Park. Awful from the start.
You have to give them some credit since they never had a lot to do with the writing process in their time with Oasis.

I wonder why :smile: (!). I think Liam writes 10 sh*t songs for 1 good one unfortunately, I think Noel knew that and occassionally when Liam came up with one good song it was put on the Oasis albums. I like Flick of the Finger, that's a great song but stuff like Shine a Light or The Roller, awful. During the Olympics closing ceremony too, never seen Wonderwall butchered so badly in my life
Ne-yo, U2, Macklemore, P diddy (If he hasn't already called it a day), Usher, Leona Lewis, Britney Spears, Flo Rida plus so many others really...
Niche choice, but Marilyn Manson should give it up. The shock value doesn't exist anymore.
Green Day
The ****ers
Original post by somemightsay888
I wonder why :smile: (!). I think Liam writes 10 sh*t songs for 1 good one unfortunately, I think Noel knew that and occassionally when Liam came up with one good song it was put on the Oasis albums. I like Flick of the Finger, that's a great song but stuff like Shine a Light or The Roller, awful. During the Olympics closing ceremony too, never seen Wonderwall butchered so badly in my life

Because Noel is a control freak and the deal from the beginning was "I'll be in the band, but I write all the songs".

Of course in later years he let Liam write one or two. You also have to remember that Beady Eye is more of a band than Oasis were, all the member contribute to songwriting in Beady Eye.
Because Noel is a control freak and the deal from the beginning was "I'll be in the band, but I write all the songs".

Of course in later years he let Liam write one or two. You also have to remember that Beady Eye is more of a band than Oasis were, all the member contribute to songwriting in Beady Eye.

Good that Noel did, some people just aren't competent songwriters. It's a shame Beady Eye's writing is poor because the music itself is really good. I think that's the problem with the band; none of them can write songs. Letting 4 crap songwriters pen one together isn't working.
Original post by Mackay
The Stone Roses

:laugh:

Remember their tour and promise of a third album? Surely they didn't dupe the fans? :biggrin:

One album. And it is basically one because nobody gives a **** about the second.
Reply 16
Queen and Michael Jackson. I mean half of them are dead for christ's sake
Echo and the Bunnymen. As much as I like them, I think they're past it tbh.
One Direction & Paramore (I used to love Paramore but they've deteriorated)
Original post by Leahstormborn
One Direction & Paramore (I used to love Paramore but they've deteriorated)

Oh yes :tongue: definitely them.

Quick Reply

Latest