The Student Room Group

need help on AS chemistry!!!

I know there are a lot of those who did a brilliant result in AS chem, so i need help on the revision procedure...

1stly my AS exam is on may 2015...
2ndly I have a mild idea on the syllabus of As chem... ( specially on unit 1.. u can say um blind on unit-2)
3rdly I'm very social so i stopped goin to my coaching centers, so u can say i'm on my own now...

my question is wat am i supposed to do??
i'm planning on makin a revision note... pointing all things which are important from a chapter...
any kind of advises are appreciated... thnx in advance!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
What exam board?

Generally unit 2 is the bigger unit so you would need to work on that more. However, as it is mid October most schools will still be teaching unit 1. It is important you understand unit 1 before beginning unit 2.

As for revision, textbook/revision guides and making notes is a good start. Try to answer questions from these books as well. Nearer the exams, I.e. easter, complete all the past papers of each unit.

Bear in mind you will probably have a practical exam a few weeks/months before exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry.. my board is Edexcel...
and my text books are
1. Edexcel As Chemistry Student's Book
2. Hodder Education Chemistry For AS
is there anyhow i can get revision notes??? or helpful websites?? or few special pointers??
Reply 3
Hi Zubayer,

Try using the George Facer Edexcel textbook. in my experience as a tutor it gives the best results. I would also advise you spend lots of time on bonding and solid definitions as those seem to be the earliest weakness for a lot of my students on that board and a lot builds upon the foundations.

Never think you understand something until you've done the end of topic questions and managed to get at least 3 of the most difficult ones in a row correct without mistakes as a general rule. Lots and lots of questions and application and you'll do fine! You're already at an advantage looking into it early on. Chemistry usually catches people in January after they have trouble in the mocks.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest