The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do 3 A levels in one year?

I messed up mine. Got 3 B's because that's all I needed for the course I wanted. Now I want a different/better course and I dropped out.

Want 3A's-A*s in Maths, Economics and Business Studies.

How do I go about this? I work full 40 hours from Friday-Monday making good cash so I could dedicate myself to this during the week. Would this be taking on too much?

How do I even go about doing it?
Original post by Emil Cioran
I messed up mine. Got 3 B's because that's all I needed for the course I wanted. Now I want a different/better course and I dropped out.

Want 3A's-A*s in Maths, Economics and Business Studies.

How do I go about this? I work full 40 hours from Friday-Monday making good cash so I could dedicate myself to this during the week. Would this be taking on too much?

How do I even go about doing it?

It depends...

Did you already take Maths/Eco/BuS before and you're just hoping to re-do them? or are you completely changing your A-level choices?
Reply 2
Original post by eahumphries
It depends...

Did you already take Maths/Eco/BuS before and you're just hoping to re-do them? or are you completely changing your A-level choices?

Completely changing to those 3. Maths I'm sure of, the other 2 I chose because I'm interested in them.
Reply 3
Why not take Maths + either one from Economics or BS and then retake one of your previous subjects?
It depends really.If you want to give it a go,then yes!Go ahead.Work hard you are capable of it!
Reply 5
Original post by acireric
Why not take Maths + either one from Economics or BS and then retake one of your previous subjects?

But it's been over a year since I did my previous subjects? Wouldn't the course have changed? ICT I was very close to an A and this would be a good thing to have an A in since I want to do Computer Science.
Reply 6
Original post by Emil Cioran
But it's been over a year since I did my previous subjects? Wouldn't the course have changed? ICT I was very close to an A and this would be a good thing to have an A in since I want to do Computer Science.

It's true that specifications are being changed these days due to Reform. However for ICT you already have certain skills that will definitely help you reduce learning effort and time, so I think you can consider retaking ICT. For Maths it depends how confident you are with numbers. C1 and C2 would be fine then. You should take D1 because it would be helpful for CompSci.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending