Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I 'get wrong' for saying 'pop' here :rolleyes: Apparently its 'soft drink' or 'juice', ffs.
    But fizzy is just perfect. "Alice, do you want me to add any fizzy to the shopping list?"

Long live fizzy!

ReputationRep:
    Its not a game. Its a way of life.
    And you need to get out more, I don't even consider my sport away of life. Its game, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Thats weird, the people I stayed with when I went to the UK, called them Soft drinks, I thought pops was their dad...
    they are called soft drinks, its just that category includes non-carbonated drinks like water or orange juice. i.e. a soft drink is everything non-alcoholic, i.e. a hard drink

ReputationRep:
    I've said pop since I was little and the 'pop man' would come round with his returnable 1 litre bottles of sasp...

I love the way they say coca cola in Newcastle - kirker curler!

I toyed with sodastream for a while... oh the fun you can have with too much carbon dioxide.
    I love it on the continent -

****-a go-la?

Yeah baby. I ordered a hamburger and coca cola once and got a chicken burger and beer. Oh well, I was 11 and dead chuffed.

ReputationRep:
    And you need to get out more, I don't even consider my sport away of life. Its game, nothing more.
    We'll enjoy our near-orgasmic enthusiasm for the beautiful game, you enjoy your robotic liking of yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Well how the hell are you supposed to play? It stops every five seconds!
    See you don't know what your talking about. You aint played it, you don't understand it. You ever taken a hit from a 265 pound linebacker travelling at 10 yards per second??? And he don't have to wrap you up like rugby, no he just hits you!!

ReputationRep:
    10 yards per second?
    AHH!!! Imperial units!!!

ReputationRep:
    See you don't know what your talking about. You aint played it, you don't understand it. You ever taken a hit from a 265 pound linebacker travelling at 10 yards per second??? And he don't have to wrap you up like rugby, no he just hits you!!
    Oh yes what a great game because I so like getting my ass kicked every three seconds before my team-mate shouts "hut!" for the hundredth time.

ReputationRep:
    That's why you've chosen a baseball term as a username on here? :rolleyes:
    I like baseball, play it, coach it, couldn't think of anything else, but its still just a game, as much as I love it. The moment I believe something else I might aswell become a corporate lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    AHH!!! Imperial units!!!
    Indeed, they mean nothing to me.

I was at the deli and asked for "a pound's worth of sausages". I meant the weight of sausages that equalled £1. Instead I got a stupid lb of sausages. Get with it, you "metric martyrs". As it is I have to keep converting my Marguertie Pattern cook book (although I know her "moderate", "high" and "low" ovens in celcius now )

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes what a great game because I so like getting my ass kicked every three seconds before my team-mate shouts "hut!" for the hundredth time.
    Well I can take a hit and get back up. But don't they tackle in rugby too, just a tackle to make you opponent release the ball means you gotta wrap him up. In football all you gotta do is hit him hard and knock him off his feet, which is why the hits are harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    AHH!!! Imperial units!!!
    Have you ever seen American DIY programmes?

"Take the 2 twelfths of an inch piece and drill a hole into the 6 thirteenths of a yard piece of wood".

Flipping heck! It's all Greek to me.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can take a hit and get back up. But don't they tackle in rugby too, just a tackle to make you opponent release the ball means you gotta wrap him up. In football all you gotta do is hit him hard and knock him off his feet, which is why the hits are harder.
    Point being, the objective of the game isn't to score a hit :rolleyes: infact we actually look down on that sort of thing here. Unless it's against an Aussie (come on Josh Lewsey my son!)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Have you ever seen American DIY programmes?

"Take the 2 twelfths of an inch piece and drill a hole into the 6 thirteenths of a yard piece of wood".

Flipping heck! It's all Greek to me.
    That reminds me of a recent video of beautiful looking models presenting a DIY program. And they were speaking in exactly the same fashion.

In case you want to see it, go to FHM, and it is in their best websites section. The models were of a disrobed nature.

ReputationRep:
    Point being, the objective of the game isn't to score a hit :rolleyes: infact we actually look down on that sort of thing here. Unless it's against an Aussie (come on Josh Lewsey my son!)...
    No but what constitutes a tackle is the players knee touching the floor, if you knock a guy over in rugby he can get up and run with the ball, unless you wrap him up so you cant just hit him ( i dont mean punch, I mean, shoulder or body tackle). Also there is offside in rugby after ball is snapped in football due to Zone defense etc a offensive player can take multiple hits simultaniously from different directions by guys travelling at full speed, built like Triple H, that hurts!!

ReputationRep:
    Some pub bore once tried to convince me that metric is the way to go, as a foot is the length of a foot :rolleyes: Kind of breaks down when they start going on about twelfths...
    Erm metric's the one with metres and millilitres and stuff, it looked to me like you got them confused...

ReputationRep:
    Anything that allows me to learn up to 10x10 rather than 16x16 is good news for me.

And measuring weight in pounds? What's that all about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Anything that allows me to learn up to 10x10 rather than 16x16 is good news for me.

And measuring weight in pounds? What's that all about!
    Pounds way better, and whats a stone, how many stones can some one weigh are all the stones the same size??

ReputationRep:
    Yes I meant to type 'imperial'.
    Dammit! Imperial corrupts even the pure of mind.

ReputationRep:
    So what's the point here, that people get knocked about more in American Football? Great. I'm sure they are all as hard as coffin nails :rolleyes: If I want to see people getting knocked about, I'll watch some boxing.
    Punching to the head is illegal, don't know what you been watching, but football don't resemble boxing.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.