Tips for AS Economics !!!!

Watch this thread
amanmurarka
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys!! I am giving my AS economics on 22nd October. Does anyone have any tips to study or any resource materials or websites for good revision.. Thank you.
Kitty1996
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
What exam board are you doing?

If it is AQA, then do as many multiple choice questions as possible.
Indigo.Brownhall
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Where do you get the multiple choice questions from? Just from the AQA website?
Kitty1996
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Indigo.Brownhall)
Where do you get the multiple choice questions from? Just from the AQA website?
Yes,

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/busin...d-mark-schemes

Also there is this website for old past papers, though the specification might have changed:

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/AQA/Economics/
amanmurarka
Rep:
(Original post by Kitty1996)
What exam board are you doing?

If it is AQA, then do as many multiple choice questions as possible.
No i am doing A Level Economics and i need tips o how and what to revise. Can you suggest me helpful notes, study guides or websites ?
Thanks.
Kitty1996
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amanmurarka)
No i am doing A Level Economics and i need tips o how and what to revise. Can you suggest me helpful notes, study guides or websites ?
Thanks.
I have a few tips on what you should know:

Make sure you can do all those diagrams (supply and demand, PPB)
In your essays get as much evaluation as possible. My teacher taught me something called WEESTEPS. It stands for:
Wider context (look at the bigger picture)
Efficiency (is the allocation of resources efficient?)
Equality (who benefits/loses out?)
Scope (how many people are affected?)
Time (short or long term?)
Effectiveness (does it work?)
Prioritisation (strongest point and why?)
Scale (how strong is the effect of this decision?)
Evaluation will get you the top marks for any exam board.

Do as many past papers as possible.

Economics has a lot of 'chain of analysis, I would draw a flow chart showing each different part of the analysis.

Here are some websites I found useful:
http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/rev...tes/index.html
http://www.economicshelp.org/

Hope this helps

P.s. I am doing A2 economics at the moment so if you need any help with specific questions just message me, I'll do my best to answer them as well as I can!
amanmurarka
Rep:
Thank you so much for your concern. The WEESTEPS idea is really nice. I will apply this idea in my answers. Even I am giving my AS and A2 Economics in this October November. My AS economics paper is in 5 days and my A2 economics paper is on 18th November. I will definitely ask you for any other eco doubt. Thanks again.
Kitty1996
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amanmurarka)
Thank you so much for your concern. The WEESTEPS idea is really nice. I will apply this idea in my answers. Even I am giving my AS and A2 Economics in this October November. My AS economics paper is in 5 days and my A2 economics paper is on 18th November. I will definitely ask you for any other eco doubt. Thanks again.
Good luck with your exams!! I'm sure you'll do well!!
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1255194
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Start posting on my recent post if you need any questions answered about the AQA spec. I did fairly well at AS and feel like I can help a lot of you out with stuff I picked up along the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.92%
As I expected (24)
30.77%
Harder (29)
37.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise