HELP! Optometry personal statement

Watch
Optometry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What to include in an optometry personal statement? All the things online are pretty vague... There are not many example optometry personal statements.. Not sure how to start my optometry personal statement

Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should follow the format and guidance for a medicine personal statement. Talk about why you want to study the subject, what you know about working in the field and any experience you have.
Optometry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have done this, but what if I dont have experience in Optometry but have shadowed doctors in hospital. Would this help??
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you can bring it back to your interest in the subject, any relevant skills gained or have done anything that optometrists might then yes. Otherwise it's not relevant.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need to show that you are making an informed decision - how can you know that something is right for you if you haven't shadowed anyone, or even just spoken to anyone about the role? While being a doctor is a similar field, this course is very specific and therefore not really relevant to optometry. You've still got time to try and arrange some work experience, so try and do that soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (688)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (865)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads