The Student Room Group

parents dont agree

basically parents hate the idea of me going to uni next year because of loans etc. the fact im a twin doesnt help. is there any support available for twins?
I think there is support if you have multiple siblings going to Uni within a certain time period. So I think twins would get some government support.
Reply 2
Well you can always pay off the loans with the money you get from the job you get with the degree you earn whilst at uni...
There's no special provision available for twins. I don't really see what this has to do with your parents though, they're not obliged to support you financially?
Reply 4
Under the new tuition fees scheme, you don't pay anything towards your loan unless you're earning 21 grand or more and anything unpaid after 30 years is written off. The payments are taken out of your earnings with tax, so you never have to keep track of payments yourself. Under this scheme, your monthly payments will be lower than under the previous one.

Many universities offer bursaries to help with the cost of living, so you may not even need to worry about that. The government grant is means tested, so if you come from a lower income family you will receive more money.

Please don't let finance put you off going to uni if that is what you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest